You Knew | Chapter 29

*warning: mild adult content*

Joe's POV:
"What do you want Joe? Where is Lex?"

"Can we talk? She's at the bar eating her dinner." He moved so he could let me in. "What did you want to talk about? I'm not really in the mood for talking."

I sat down on the couch. "I've liked Lex for a while. But obviously nothing is going to happen. I just figured I'd let you know." He balled his fists. "I know. I heard you tell Jack in the bathroom." Joe looks at him confused. "That was like a month ago. Why didn't you say anything?" Nick shrugged. "Why does that matter?" I got up and got in his face. "The night Lex left and came to my room. You knew. And you said nothing to her. You let her get upset. For no reason. You picked fights with her because of me. Why would you do that to her?" Nick looked at me shocked. "Are we really throwing the bad guy title at me right now? You were after Lex like we're not together!" "I wasn't after Lex! But I am always there to pick up the damn pieces that you break! And so is everyone else!" Nick lunged at me and suddenly we were on the floor fighting. "Guys!!! Break it up! What the hell is going on?!" Nick looked up and yelled. "Stay out of this! It's between me and Joe!"
_____
Lex's POV:
I walked into me and Nick's room to find all 3 brothers, only 2 were on the floor.
"Guys!!! Break it up! What the hell is going on?!" Kevin was trying his best to break up Joe and Nick. "Kevin? What's going on?" He pulled me into the hallway. "Lex these two are gonna kill each other over you. What the hell is going on?" I rolled my eyes. "Joe told Jack he has feelings for me and Nick found out." Kevin nodded. "Yeah but that was like a month ago. Why are they fighting now?" I looked at him shocked. "A month???" Kevin looked at me confused. "Joe told Jack that last month." I looked at Kevin and grabbed his hands. "How do you know this was a month ago?" "Joe told me his feelings and thoughts earlier and when I asked who else knew, he said Jack which he told about a month ago." I walked into the room, the boys stopped fighting when they saw it was me. Both of them clearly out of breath and frustrated. "Maybe I should stay with Kat for a while. You guys are brothers. You need to figure this out." I went into the bathroom to pack up my makeup and hair products. "No wait. Baby don't leave. I'll get over it. I just need time." Nick ran into the bathroom and closed the door behind us. I looked at him and could see the sadness on his face. I kissed him and rested my head on his chest. "You have a world tour coming up with your brothers. You have to mend that. And I cannot keep being in the middle." He rubbed my head and pulled me closer. "You won't get in the middle. Please don't leave. I don't want to be without you." I looked up at him and frowned. "Nick, why didn't you tell me this started a month ago?" His face went pale. "I didn't know how to handle it. I'm sorry. Are you upset with me?" I kissed his cheek. "Just a little sad that you felt like you couldn't talk to me about it." He picked me up and put me on the counter. "Give me just one minute. Don't pack anything up yet." He left the bathroom and I could hear him ask Joe and Kevin to leave. He returned with two glasses of champagne and handed me one. "We're in the bathroom, Nick." He nodded. "I like the fact that it's small. I'm closer to you." He sat on the counter and faced me. "Let's talk. About everything." I nodded and took a sip of the champagne. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't know how to process it. I was focused on not losing you to him more than I was focused on fixing it." He grabbed my hand. "What would make you think that you'd lose me to him? I love you." He put his champagne down. "You guys are so close. And you were close before I came in to the picture." I looked down. "You didn't have to make yourself uneasy. I didn't have to start being his stylist. You could've just told me." "I know. I just didn't want to make it seem like you couldn't do something if you wanted to. I don't want to control you." I smiled at him and removed my clothes, turning on the shower. "I don't mind it sometimes." He laughed as I slid in the shower. "Are we okay, Lex?" I poked my head out of the shower curtain. "Please no more secrets and handling things on your own. You are really bad at it." He laughed and chugged his champagne, grabbing me clean clothes for after my shower. "I promise. Can I join you?" I nodded and slid the curtain back. "Please do."
______
"Nick..."

"Yeah?"

"Can I take you on a date?" He looked at me surprised. "Sure you can. As long as I can take you on one right after." I threw my clothes on. "Two dates in one night?" He kissed me and smiled. "Sounds like a double date." I laughed at him and layed down. "It's a double date then baby. Things are about to get busy. I'll take as many dates with you as I can get." He layed his head on my stomach. "Can I ask how you're feeling about the whole Joe situation?" He sighed and grabbed my hands. "He's my brother. I can't hate him but I don't love that he has feelings for you." I ran my fingers through his hair, feeling him relax. "I want you. Let's go on that date tomorrow. The residency is over and we're going back home. It's perfect." He nodded and kissed my thighs. "How about we start a recap right now?" He sat up and I straddled his lap, holding him close. "I am so in love with you." I bit my lip and pulled his shirt off before removing mine. "Lex, you're breathtaking..." He kissed me hard, our tongues dancing. He groaned as he slid the rest of his clothes off. I did the same and looked up at him. "I want to get on top." He locked his eyes with mine as I slid myself onto him, moving my hips. "Please don't stop." He gripped my waist and threw his head back, moaning. I matched his moans and sped up my rhythm.
_____
"You're so beautiful." He slid his fingers up my arm. I smiled and kissed his chest. "Thank you baby." He pulled me closer and rested his head on my shoulder. "I can't wait to have you on my arm at the party to promote our new album." I turned to face him and smiled. "I love you." He kissed me. "I love you more."