Date #1| Chapter 30

Lex's POV:
Nick insisted on us doing his date first so I stayed in our room until he was done setting everything up.
_____
I laughed. "Nick! I can't see! What do you mean be careful?" He had his hands over my eyes, walking me towards whatever surprise he had for me.
"Don't open them yet!" I could hear him running past me but I did as he said. "Okay! Open!"

I looked around, mouth open. "Nick! Oh my god!" The living room was transformed into an art studio. Paint, canvases and brushes laid out on the table. "I know painting relaxes you. Just please don't judge my painting when we're done." I laughed and kissed him. "It's perfect. I love it." He came behind me and tied an apron around me. "I can't wait to see you in your element." I giggled and wrapped my arms around him. "You wanna paint one canvas together?" He kissed my forehead. "Yes. Please." I put the canvas on the easle and added paint to the pallete. "Give me a theme." He thought for a moment. "Uh...sunset?" I laughed and picked up the brush. "Come here. Add some purple here." He moved the brush and smiled. "I'm not messing this up for you am I?" I shook my head and kissed his cheek. "Not at all" He sat down and pulled me into this lap. "Keep painting. I love watching you. You're so beautiful." My cheeks grew red as I added teal to the canvas. "Whats been the highlight of your day so far?" I looked at Nick. "You." He smiled and rubbed my thighs. "You're every highlight." I focused hard on the painting in front of me and slid my brush into the water, cleaning it off. "Sing to me." Nick looked at me and laughed. "What?" I kissed him. "I'm in my element, get in yours. Sing to me." He kissed my shoulder and started singing.
"You could put me in a coffin
I'm always gonna find your love
You know there ain't no stoppin'
Even when I'm high above
Spread my ash in the sea
Yeah, I know you're gonna find me
And go right back to the start
There's no death, do us death, do us part"
I leaned back into his chest and smiled. "I love your voice." He moved my hair out of his way and kissed my neck. "Thank you my love."
______
After an hour, i was putting the finishing touches on the painting. "All done." He smiled and admired the painting.

"Look at where I did the purple!" I laughed and signed my name on the back

"Look at where I did the purple!" I laughed and signed my name on the back. "You did so good baby."
Nick's POV:
There's something so organic about the way Lex relaxes when she paints. It's so mesmerizing to watch. I could look at her for hours.
"Would you like some dinner? Whatever you want." She looked up at me excitedly. "Chinese!" By the time the food had gotten here, Lex was done cleaning up all of the art supplies. I tried to help but she was so persistent on me relaxing. "Baby, the food is here. Ready to eat?" "Yeah. I'm coming!" Sitting at the dining room table isn't something we do often. It feels like home. "I like sitting here with you. We should do it more." She took a bite of her rice and nodded her head. "I agree. It feels like we're a family." I didn't love bringing up her parents because it was a sore subject but she's never stopped me from asking. "Did you eat as a family when you were a kid?" She shifted in her seat. "Me and my mom did. We usually ate together. You know that my dad left when I was 4. When I'd go to his house, everyone ate in separate rooms and did their own thing." I grabbed her hand and kissed it. "So we need to eat at the table together more often then, yes?" The sparkle in her eyes shined. "I'd like that." "Good because we are a family now. Even if it's just the two of us currently."
_____
"Nick! You're not supposed to look!"

"Baby, you need my help carrying things. How would you like me to not look?" She crossed her arms and I laughed, putting all of the bags she needed into the car. "Am I driving? Because I would need to see the road."

"Very funny, Jonas. Get in the car." She got in the drivers seat and put her seatbelt on. "Take this." She handed me a blindfold and I slid it on after putting on my seatbelt. She started tapping the steering wheel and humming as she drove. The darkness mixed with her humming is so soothing. "I wanna know who's in your head, stealing your heart while I'm still bleeding." I smiled at the sound of her. "You gonna steal my job?" She wrapped her hand around mine and squeezed. "Oh absolutely. Nick Jonas replaced by his girlfriend in band with his brothers. I can see it all over the internet now." "Lex Jonas. I like that." The grip on my hand got looser. "I'm sorry if that was too much." Whyyyyy did I say that? I'm scaring her away and I can't even see her right now. "I like Lex Jonas." Her hand traveled to my face. Her touch sent goosebumps up my arms. I rested my head in her palm and kissed her thumb. "We're almost there baby." "I'm excited!" She stopped the car and got out. "Wait here! Don't move!" It was just me alone for a few minutes. Everything was still dark but the air had a chill to it. "Okay, Nick. I need you to get on my back because if you walk, you're gonna know where we are." I laughed as she brought me close to her. "Baby, I'm way too heavy for you to carry me." "No you're not! Get on!" I hopped on her back and started laughing uncontrollably. "You are heavy. But we're here!"