79/The Underground Magical Land

Scott Blue POV

There's nothing like the Wing mall, am I right? The prople here are actually pretty nice. I desperately asked a few people for money, and it worked out just fine. Of course, everyone is quite poor these days, so I couldn't get that much money, but every penny counts, I guess.

Oh, look at that. Payless shoes. That could only be my magical calling that I need a new pair of cheap sneakers before I'm back on the road. 

It seemed like a woman who worked there decided that I was homeless because she insisted that she'd let me buy whatever pair I want for free. When it's free, you have to be careful. This is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.

There I was, taking boxes after boxes out of the shelf. I couldn't tell you my shoe size on the top of my head, but I was certain that I had to figure it out.

Nothing really felt right, and I didn't know why. The shelf went very far back. Very very far back. I look long and hard down that shelf, and I don't even think I can see the wall.

"Why does the shelf go so far back?" I wondered, not really caring who's gonna answer. "It's like.... really far."

"Is anyone still here?" I look up at a few customers are in the same row of shelves that I'm in, but didn't really give me more than a glance.

I could bet that a human could climb inside of there. If a human is on their stomach, and slithering like a worm. 

Nobody was watching me, so I got on my stomach and slid inside the shelf. It was insane how much space was in there. It was a whole spooky tunnel.

I felt strangely determined to see if there actually was a wall on the other end, or even other shoe boxes. I got to this weird light that come from the other end.  

When I turned back to look at how far I've climbed, it was already pretty far away, and HOW FREAKING WEIRD would I look climbing out? I was very curious about the other end of the shoe shelf, so I got close enough to see the opening. It was a far way down, but there was another hallway. Possibly even larger than the rest of the mall. The floor down there was carpeted, and a dark shade of green. I crawled out farther. Just a little bit farther, but not far enough that-

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I sat up at rubbed my head after hitting it on the pool thing that surrounded the large water fountain that happened to be there.

I stand up at look around. It's like as if I was sucked into a dream.

It's pretty though. The colors are pretty, the fountain in pretty

It was just me, the fountain, and a long hallway. The walls were plain and empty, untill you see the window at the top where I had just fallen from. 

I can only hear the water rippling, and the slight and fuzzy noise of the radio.

I know that I should try to get out of here right away, but I couldn't help but to wonder what other secrets the mall holds. I walk a few distances to this smaller section. This was a hallway with fake plastic plants along the walls. The ceiling was shorter here, with flicking lights, with only a few of them even working. The wall had doors everywhere, much like a school hallway, or a hotel or something.

These doors were mostly locked, a few of them actually did open. There was this unusual and unsettling office room. The wallpaper looked as if it's made out of tin foil. The desk was flooded with scrap paper, and sticky notes. The sort of things you expect from a regular office worker. Another room was filled with books, so you don't get too board of life. Another room was a work out room because we all require exercise.