46/Drinks And More Drinks

Leo Blue POV

I tried to recall what happened yesterday, but my memory was icy and foggy. I stumbled into a bar down the street at one in the morning hoping to get a drink that'll remind me of what I had just done.

The sky was dark and there was an eerily visible ocean of fog creeping at every corner of the street.

I sat at the bar, and ask the bartender for the strongest red wine that he has. I was hoping desperately that the drunkness of the red wine could fill in the holes of my memory of yesterday.

One sip can really take you places. I walk with my wine outside the bar because there were people hiding in the shadows outside, and there were also a couple lovely folks sitting around a campfire, on beach chairs. They seemed a little woozy. Not drunk drunk just yet, but they're on something. That's for sure. I sat down on the empty chair, between two women. Both were wearing cardigans and likely to be in their thirties. There was also this man with a beard worse looking than mine, and a blond guy with a work out suit and flip flops.

He looks at me and says, "So, nice weather we're having isn't it?"

"Lovely indeed." I say in agreement, "However, vapor in fog impacts breathing adversely. Don't you know?"

My greatest talent was spitting out fun facts, which is often appreciated by strangers. The man burst out laughing and takes a long drink of what I believe is white wine.

"Mmm. Red wine is cooler than white wine. Just because it's made from crushed grapes." I tell him, "I love grapes. Moldy grapes even, like raisins. Raisins can strengthen your bones, so if you think about it.... red wine is a much more ambitious drink if you're willing to strengthen your bones." I say wisely.

He starts laughing at me again. Does he really think I'm a funny guy? I'm only trying to be educational. You never know when you need to use your knowledge to save your life. I somehow begin laughing with him.

"Do you hear this guy?!" He tells his friend, "He is just pulling facts from his pocket!" He turns back to me.

"Tell us another fun fact!"

"One half of the supply of raisins come from California."

"No way!" He yaps.

"Oh, yes way!"

"Let me guess," Starts the guy with the beard, "You were Mr Popularity when you were in high school."

"Oh, yeah, that's me! In fact, popularity is the true price of happiness. That's how I got my first Chevrolet." I say truthfully, "The kids at school liked to do bets and try to beat me, but they never did. I was too good for them! I was top knotch which was impressive for someone who was from a lower class family."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I know things because I read books. I didn't care about who these people are, I just wanted to be friends with everyone, no matter what the situation was. I was also very scary because I did the best pranks." I laugh to myself thinking about the good old days, "Oh, now the only friends I got are my cult members, and-" I stop dead. Oh sh*t!

All four of them stare at me. Eyes wide and mouths gaping. "Just kidding." I hissed, leading to everyone dying of laughter. I started laughing too, a little too much. I worried that I would fall off the chair, but I got lucky.

"Anyway," the woman to the left starts to say, "I need a non alcoholic beverage. I need to walk efficiently tomorrow when I go for the job interview."

"Ah! Good point!" I stated as I get up. "I have cider in my car! I bring that to parties for the people who want to pretend to be drunk without actually getting drunk." I turn to leave, only to notice that the man in the work out suit fell off his chair and grabbed my ankle. "Don't go! Please stay!" He cried.