39/Everyone Wants To Attack Eachother

Scott Blue POV

Mr Malute was unable to fix the bike, apparently it's that damaged.

"What do you mean you can't fix it?" Lesley was saying on the phone on Saturday morning.

"Lesley!" I whisper shout to her through my mouthful of oatmeal, "Henry didn't win the raffle. We don't have money to pay Mr Malute back, even if he did fix it."

"Shh!" Lesley tells me before goes back to the phone. "No, really it's okay. We'll get a new one."

"Yes, I'm sure."

"No, no, no, it's okay. Scott and I will buy a new one."

"No, no, you don't need to pay me back."

"Thank you so much. Bye!" Even though she politely ended the call, she looked pretty frustrated afterwards. She blows air out of her mouth and says, "Scott, I'm going to need you to do a few things."

"Like what?"

"If you want a new bike, your going to work for it. If you could ask one of your neighbors if you could do a kind friendly chore for money, that would be wonderful."

I'm not kind, or friendly, so this might not work. Lesley heads into the living room and I shout to her, "Who do I ask?"

"Anyone. Maybe Keith, maybe Mr Malute, or ask someone on the next street."

"......."

"Oh, come on, Scott. You're doing a good deed. I did things like that at your age."

"Did everyone know that you did it for money, not because you're nice?"

"No, no, the family then was lower middle class. We didn't have a lot of money. I did it for my parents and out of the goodness of my little heart!"   

"But what if I don't wanna see my neighbors?"

"Scott, people at school will like you so much more if you become nice." She smiles at goes to wash the dishes.

This is so stupid! Lesley thinks that me being a good deed person will help people like me. I guess she knows that kids at school all want to harrass me because of the ditch situation. Who tells her about this anyway?

I don't want to do any good deeds for people. I don't feel like it and I will not benefit, because all it does is waste time!

I go next door, hoping desperately that whoever answers is in my good mood, because what I want is more than just an offer.

"Oh, Allie, I am so glad to see you. I want to know, is it possible that you could get Marcela or Royal to give me money, like maybe twenty bucks. I have to quickly get money for a new bike." I pleaded.

Allie looks me up and down while playing with a knot in her long hair. "You're not gonna get a job?" She scoffs.

"Just give me money!"

"You are so pathetic!" Then she lowers her voice to a whisper, "If I was you, I would take money from a Malute house. Don't even ask for it, that's dumb. Actually steal it."

"But, Lesley always says that stealing-"

"Just do it. Do it for revenge. You know, the old fashion Blue style." She smiles just a tiny bit and looks over the street at the Malute house.

"Why would I need to get revenge?"

"Jeez, you are so bad at reading signs." She sighs with an eye roll before slamming the door.

Stealing is a huge risk. I could be rotting in a prison cell like my Father if I'm caught. But obviously, I can tell by Allie's expression that she knows something that I don't, and because she's a Blue, she won't tell me, but I soppose that's okay, because I don't have to tell Lesley that I was ready to steal twenty bucks!