•Part 36 - MAYFLY •

You were at your house, with the vehicle parked a long way since you were suspicious of someone being on your trail.

Y/n : What keychain is he talking about??

You said, as you went to your room and began rummaging through things in every nook and corner of drawers that had been untouched.

Y/d : Y/n..

You turned around, and saw the said object, in his hand .

Y/n : How do you have this?

Y/d : It's a long story. Has Taehyung told you about the kidnapping case he was in?

Y/n : Yes.. what about it?

Y/d : That girl was you.. y/n.

'What?' You were too stunned to utter even a single word. It seemed unreal.

Y/d : He had come to kidnap you, and had given it to you before leaving. You refused to let go of it, although you were in tears from the commotion. You insisted that he wouldn't have harmed you.

He smiled to himself.

Y/n : Isn't keeping a direct evidence hidden illegal?

Y/d : It is illegal, but I was selfish for you.

He put a lock on the door and you left. The walk to the car was silent.

.

You were now in the car, with a thousand thoughts running through your mind.

Y/n : Can't you call for your search team now?

He clicked his tongue and answered in a stern tone.

Y/d : Not till I have this keychain in my hands. It's illegal, remember?

You nodded and looked away. Silence fell yet again.

Y/n : Dad... You didn't answer me. About the accident..

He looked at you for a brief moment. And never had you ever seen him so vulnerable in your life. You knew that even he had moments where he was weak, after your mother passed away. But he never showed it to you, in any form. Now, you could truly see the depth of grief in his eyes, though his body language masked it all. And your own sorrow just seemed trivial. He kept his eyes on the road and spoke.

Y/d : I can't tell you anything till I hear what he has to say. That is if he even has anything to say, it may just be a lure.

He sighed.

Y/d : What I can't understand even more so is why would he let me have hands on something that he wants, knowing I can destroy it. If it's so important to him that he kidnapped his son, right after he escaped prison.

Y/n : Why did he kidnap him in the first place? He could've just stolen it.

You took the keychain in your hand, and examined it.

Y/n : It looks like it can be opened. But I'm not able to open it.

Y/d : Then Taehyung must be the one who can. It might have a pendrive or something in it then. So, he knows we can't obtain the information in it, but we can still destroy it.

Y/n : We wouldn't.. if we want to know about the accident. So.. wait! This way, he wants to frame you.

He let out a dry chuckle. There was silence for a moment.

Y/n : I'll go.

Y/d : What?

Y/n : You shouldn't be a part of this. So I'll go there with your second phone. Even if they ask me to hand in my phone I can keep yours with me, and share my location. That way I can guide you to where the mafia boss is, and where Taehyung is. Even if they find out about it later, I can atleast share enough of the distance for you to know their path. I can hide it for that long.