• Part 24 - SHADOW •

'Whew. Just in time."

You sat down in your place and looked around. The class was way too noisy, just like the pack of seagulls in that one scene in finding nemo.

Y/n : Hey! Is class starting late today?

Heesung : Yeah. The teachers are gone for a meeting at the Cruella's.

"Some gotta hear a long lecture."

You chuckled. "Why do I feel so odd?"

You got up and headed out of the class. The meeting would last an entire period with all the teachers, so the corridor was occupied with students who were escaping the crowded environment.

Y/n : Wait, where is everyone? 

You went back in the class and shot a glance everywhere.Taehyung was nowhere to be seen, nor the rest of your group. You ran towards the cafeteria. "Where are they?" You made a turn and entered the quadrangle, from which the cafeteria was just across. "Did something happen-"

???: YAH!! HERE!

You abruptly stopped your jog when you heard Yoongi's call. You turned that way to see everyone sitting near some boxes of sports equipments. You rushed over.

Yoongi : The teachers handed us these to be kept in the storage room.

Y/n : Why are y'all here then?

Jungkook: We thought we can check them out you know?

He said , picking up the weights effortlessly.

Jennie: Gosh.. I searched all over for y'all!

She said , catching her breath from all the running she'd done.

Y/n : You weren't in class?

Jennie: I was in the cafeteria, momo was creating a scene again. It was with the new cafeteria lady, so I had to.. yeah.

You shook your head and glanced back. Taehyung was sitting there, sketching. Quietly.

Namjoon : How about we go back to class?

Jin : No!! It's way better here. They're too noisy.

A pause.

Yoongi : Ironic.

Hoseok cackled. You went and stood in front of Taehyung.

Taehyung: I agree.

Yoongi : To what? Staying here or that Jin hyung is noisy?

He looked up, and his eyes met yours. You looked at him and smiled. Everything had fallen silent. Yoongi sighed.

Jin : We're sitting here in the breeze then.

Hoseok and Jimin went for a walk. The rest sat down.

You sat besides Taehyung, peeking into his sketchbook. A sunrise. Almost picture like. The sun, the gradients, the trees, buildings.

Y/n : Was this today?

He nodded.

Y/n : It would look so much better with colours..

He smiled slightly, but didn't look up.

Jungkook: Hey Taehyung, wanna have a round of badminton?

Taehyung: Sure.

He placed down the sketch book and sent you a quick "I'll be back" glance before going with Jungkook. You felt the breeze playing with your feet. A feeling you enjoy. it makes you feel as if you really are in the air. You rested back on the pillar and looked up to the sky. You loved the cloudy and windy weather.