• Part 22 - RELATION •

Taehyung: I ran away.

You looked at him with wide eyes again. He chuckled sadly.

Taehyung: Now that I think of it, it was quite a bad decision. I was saving my skin from his men all of the time. I could've gotten into any other wrong influence. But for once luck was on my side. I started sketching, and worked in many places. As a waiter, assistant, and even played the saxophone at some bar. I got an experience of many types of people. That's when I learned to read people too. I bought a camera and took a lot of pictures. For the first time, I was ME. Happy. I realised the person I was. I thought I was free forever... I grew selfish.

Your slight smile turned into a furrow.

Taehyung: After seven months away from home, I got a call of my younger sister..

He clenched his first. You noticed the tears welling up in his eyes.

Taehyung: She told me that after I left, he had targetted her. He tried to "train" her but when she couldn't, he hurt her badly. And she was begging me to come back. SHE BEGGED ME GODAMNIT.

His voice reverberated in the room like thunder. You put a hand on his shoulder. A lone tear rolled down his cheek.

Taehyung: I didn't listen. I said I'll be back in three days after I finished my work here. In reality I wanted to confess to a girl I crushed on. But she ended up ditching me even before I told her. When my betrayed self returned home.. too late. She was gone. She couldn't bear it. I was too late. I didn't protect her. She threw herself off a bridge. She was just ten..

He sobbed. 'How did he bear this all alone?'  You held him tightly.

Y/n : Taehyung. How were you living like this?

He wiped his tears and looked down.

Taehyung : I lived alone since then. In this house. My mom and dad were barely ever home. I felt abandoned. My own thoughts and guilt made it harder to breathe. I drew, sang, even brought Yeontan to help myself. But even he was treated horribly when they came. I felt bad for everything. Years passed like this. I didn't feel anything anymore. I became emotionless, and it never bothered me. 

He looked up and locked his eyes with you, sending knots in your stomach.

Taehyung: But then you came , y/n. You were so nice to me. You made me feel emotions again. You made me smile.

Y/n : Tae. That's not-

Your heart was beating like crazy. But your reason for approaching him was bugging you. You a slight guilt stung your heart. "I abandoned that just as soon though. I shouldn't be thinking much but. But I can't just.. Shut up! You like him. Truly. And you aren't a sick fool this time."

Taehyung: I didn't understand at first. But you became a really good friend of mine. A true friend. Someone I looked forward to meeting. Every day. Who made me wait for tomorrow to come, when I would see your smiling face and hear your voice. And I really loved the time I spent with you. And I made many friends. That's when I realised my feelings had started to grow into something stronger. I want to protect you, be there for you. Even if it's something as trivial as a sickness.

You took in every word that this man in front of you was pouring out and warmth filled you to the brim. You engulfed yourself with the feelings. The look in his eyes seized you. He held your hands and your cheeks heated up.

Taehyung: I know I'm an idiot. Selfish. And could never do anything right in my life.

Y/n : No Taehyung-

Taehyung: I am a horrible person. And I am living on the money earned through hurting others. I am passively a sinner. I know I shouldn't deserve anything. I know I don't deserve you..