• Part 26 - SALIENT •

Jennie POV

We all decided to take a walk around the school campus before heading home cause the weather was very pleasant. I was silently walking behind Y/n and Taehyung who were chatting and wore the brightest smile. "It's odd. I can strongly sense- "

Jungkook: What's wrong?

I flinched and looked at him. He smile.

Jungkook: You've been frowning like a mad bull for the entire day.

My mouth gaped.

Jennie: I looked mad??!

He laughed wholeheartedly. I could hear my heart beat.

Jungkook: I was just kidding. But seriously, what's wrong?

Jennie: Hm.. Don't they seem closer.

He followed my gaze and nodded while smiling gently.

Jennie : I mean I'm happy she's not scared of getting close to someone. And Taehyung is genuinely a nice guy. But we don't know anything about him. I think we can trust him that he isn't lying to us anymore, but still-

Jungkook: Shh.. Shh.. Calm down. I agree with you about Y/n , but Taehyung.

He huffed.

Jungkook: I just want to get this done with. We should talk with him, clear all our doubts and be good friends. He is really close to us, like a brother. And especially for Y/n..

I placed my hand on his arm to comfort , and noticed that he suddenly turned red. I lifted it, but he placed his hand firmly in mine. He turned his head towards me and I looked away. My heart was about to explode. I heard him chuckle and I blushed hard.

"Why am I like this??!"

End of Jennie's POV

Y/n : No way!!

You exclaimed, laughing.

Taehyung: Yes! And sometimes I couldn't even find him in the blankets. I could only hear his small, high pitch barks. He was so tinyy.

Y/n : Cutee.

"He sure loves to talk about his baby."

Taehyung: Y/n.

You froze at his serious tone.

Taehyung: Can we make us official?

Y/n : Hm.. Maybe we should take more time.

He nodded and you both resumed walking.

A pause.

Y/n : Why are you in such a hurry?

Taehyung : N-No I'm not.

Y/n : Really? You started this topic for the third time.

He looked away and gulped. You put a hand on his shoulder.