• Part 28 - ATTRITION •

"Good. Nice. You can do this. Let's go."
You went to the washroom and splashed your face with some water. "It'll be fine." You did a quick hwaiting chant and headed out. You sat at the table in the cafeteria. Jungkook and Taehyung were coming with their food. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. You could hear your heart beat with dread. "Calm down. We'll manage-"

*CLANG*

You heard some metal object fall to the ground and shit open your eyes. Jungkook had dropped his plate and was glaring at someone. You followed his gaze only to see Momo smirking with an outstretched leg. "That classic tripping plank."

Taehyung's POV

Momo : Whoops! Well, it's good that it fell to the ground. Who knows what you might have mixed in it.

Jungkook paused me from taking making a move.

Jungkook: Don't get swayed away. She only wants to provoke us. You don't want to get into any trouble, do you?

Taehyung: Fine.

I hissed through my gritted teeth. "Did she not learn her lesson in one fight? I could just- ugh. He's right though."

Taehyung: I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me,by being with me.

He patted my back.

Jungkook: Don't worry. I know her enough.

"He doesn't understand." I smiled to myself at his oblivion.

Momo : Why are you silent? Do you admit it?

How does she manage to make such a fool of herself? Jungkook picked up the plate. The janitor rushed in.

Jungkook: Sorry sir.

Janitor : It's alright.

His lips curled up with a thank you.

Momo : Yah! Poor jerk.

I looked the other way, ignoring her. My jaw was clenched tightly. "Why am I getting so irritated now? I was so unbothered before."

Momo : I bet you're the one who did it. I mean, we don't know who you are, where you come from. Your family, nothing.

My eyes widened.

End of Taehyung's POV

You walked over to him.

Momo : And you-

You gave her a glare, she leaned back on her chair lousily, with her skirt rolling slightly up her thigh. You looked around till your eyes landed on the café lady and all the plans of bashing Momo's head into the nearest wall vanished as it struck you. "Yes! I get it now. She's looking at the commotion as if she's assiduosly studying it. She's really suspicious..." She noticed you looking at her and simply continued to wash the dishes, as if to evince that was just she was just an ordinary spectator.

You looked back at Taehyung who was blankly looking at you. Rather, every person in the cafeteria had their eyes on you. You held his hand and pulled him with you to the corner where you were knocked out. No one seated in the cafeteria could see here.