•Part 31 - POIGNANT •

???: Please sir , we need you to do the interrogation today. The arrest warrant will expire tomorrow. We won't be able to get him back for interrogation then.

Y/d : Alright. I have some time now , so I'll head there. But make sure to make all the preparations for the meeting till then.

??? : Yes sir.

He followed me as I walked through the corridor to the end. In front of me was a giant one way glass. I listened.

Name?

Kim Taehyung

Age?

18

Parents?

...I don't have such a thing

He looked away from him. And towards me, that is, the wall. I felt as if he was piercing through my soul.

'Just like then..'

Officer: Listen kid. We have to do the formalities.

I opened the door and the officer got up.

Y/d : I'll take it from here.

I went in.

Y/d : Wait outside till I'm done.

He kept silent and went outside. I closed the door and sat infront of him. I called his name. 

Y/d : Kim Taehyung.

He looked up, and looked astonished. I smiled. It was a tough fight between two skilled readers.

Taehyung: You.. You were the one who

Y/d : Had arrested you seven years ago.

~Flashback~

He came in and the moment I saw him, it was like my blood which was boiling from anger had gone cold. He didn't seem cruel one bit, unlike his father. It was like he had just come out of his enclosure, oblivious of everything.

Y/d: How old is he?

??? : eleven.

I went up to him.

Y/d : What's your name, little guy?

His eyes went wide and he blinked a couple times. He looked away. Like I expected, he was surprised by affection.

Taehyung: I don't want to tell you.

He said arrogantly, but I could sense slight fear.

Y/d : It'll only take a while, ok? You just have to tell me what you know.

He hesitated , but nodded.

Taehyung: I'm Kim Taehyung.

Y/d : Ok Taehyung. Why did you go in that house?

Everyone fell silent.

Y/d : Don't be stressed at all.

He nodded again and closed his fists tight.

Taehyung: Because my dad told me to kidnap her.

Y/d : Alright. Did he tell you to hurt her?

Taehyung: No..