•Part 27 - AUGMENT •

Y/d : We've started the investigation already. I'll just take this back to my- what happened?

He asked you, who had almost turned pale.

Y/n : N-Nothing. I'll go and get some rest.

You dashed to your room and locked the door behind you. You slowly went and sat on the bed, shocked. "What should I do? What can I do?"

You held your head in frustration.

"Should I even do something?"

Y/n : Shh.. calm down. Think. What will happen in this investigation? He'll be found out for sure. Then he'll be interrogated. But he hasn't done anything. Except for the kidnapping. The first thing that can happen, is that he gets arrested.

You shook your head vigorously.

Y/n : This is unimaginable. Uh..Second thing, he'll be released. But then his dad would come for him if he thinks he can cause him trouble. What should I do??

You groaned.

Y/n : Should I tell him? But what can he do? He'll have to- No.

You got up and picked your phone, you clicked call on his number.

Y/n : Nope. I'll tell him in person tomorrow. Clear and simple.

You ended the call, without noticing that it had made a ring. You threw it on the bed.

Y/n : It's unavoidable. It has to happen but-

You sighed.

Y/n : Just gotta wait for tomorrow.

You laid down on your bed with a huff.

...

Y/n : Shit this isn't easy.

~The next day~

Y/n : Sorry guys I'm late.

You said , throwing your bag on the bench. "Now's the time." You took a deep breath.

Y/n : Tae-

Teacher: Jungkook and Taehyung, please come here.

He gave you a quick 'I'll be back' look and went ahead.

Teacher: These two were the ones who kept the sports equipment that day, right?

We nodded , all confused. The teacher left with them. All the students started talking among themselves.

Jennie : WHAT??

Ryujin, who was whispering in her ear flinched and jumped back.

Jennie: They are saying that drugs were found in the store room that day!

Some fell silent, some gasped. But surely, everyone was stunned.

Jin : W-What do you mean?

Jennie: I mean exactly what I said right now.

Namjoon: But it isn't Jungkook, nor Taehyung. We know both of them well enough.

All of us nodded vigorously.

Yoongi : But there's only one person with a past record of drug dealings.

He gave you a glance. "Yes, I know very well"

Jimin : Except for Woonseok, do you know anyone else?

Yoongi : No..

He said , scratching his head.

Hoseok: Didn't Jennie see someone while Taekook were coming from the storeroom?

Jennie: I can't tell if it was a person.

He sighed.

Namjoon: Would Woonseok... That freak, really do this to us? Would he really frame us?

Y/n : I think we should wait till they return with some news.

You said , gravely. But inside, you were panicking. You had to talk to Taehyung, but now, this is just going to make it worse. It'll only get him more trouble, spotlight.

Three periods passed, but they weren't back. You couldn't pay attention to the lecture anymore. Rather, no one could. Not even studious Namjoon. All of them were anxious as to what would happen. The clock was ticking ever so slowly, and thoughts were running negative and wild.

.

.

The teacher left. It was now the end of the last period before the break. The chatter in the class had fallen silent. Everyone was still under the shock of the news.

Your thoughts wandered to the past memories. The last drug smuggler was found about two years ago. And it was your boyfriend, now ex. You had just broken up with him when it came up. And you were devastated, yet glad. All of your friends, along with your parents supported you strongly. So, you didn't have a long 'getting over him' phase.

Just then, Taehyung and Jungkook entered and everyone immediately turned their heads in a snap towards them. They both silently returned to their seats. Your heart was beating faster and louder with dread. You couldn't stop yourself from asking-

Y/n : What happened?

He took a breath and let it out, as if he was mentally exhausted.

Taehyung: They took us to the principal. She asked us all sorts of questions. And still it isn't figured out who really did it. They are checking the CCTV footage.

Y/n : Does she know about you?

You whispered to him.

Taehyung: I'm sure she does. The way she was talking to me, it was quite obvious that my father must've told her.

"I did find her acting suspicious on his admission day. Is this better or worse for him in this situation which he doesn't know is created. I think it's.. worse."

Jennie: This is going to hurt the school's reputation.

"I need to tell him about it now."

Y/n : I-

"Why won't words come out?"

Jungkook: This is even our last year. We don't want to leave with such memories left behind.

~Bell rings~

Jungkook: Let's go Taehyung-ah. I'll get us jajangmyeon.

Taehyung: Perfect! Let's go.

"How are they so relaxed? Perhaps cause they really haven't done anything wrong. Oh of course."

Y/n : Taehyung!

Taehyung: Hm?

Y/n : I want to tell you something.

He noticed your serious tone and smiled gently.

Taehyung: At the table. Come quickly.

And he was off with the bunny. You shrugged. "I don't know why I have an odd feeling about this."

-

A/n : Get ready!! It's going to be a hell of a ride.

Note: The next chapter might be a little short. Cuz this chapter would have been too long if I hadn't seperated it ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯