ember + trudy

Ember is beyond pissed right now.

So pissed? She could set this entire carnival ABLAZE.

She rolls her eyes as the gang try to convince her to stay , but she's over it.

She needs a break.

So? She leaves, finding herself sitting alone on the grass.

Ember mumbles without noticing another redhead approaching her.

"Those guys totally think I'm no good, always holding me back when I've done nothing-" the fiery teen huffs.

.

"Ember?" A voice rings out and Ember can recognize that annoying princess voice anyway, it repeats her name.

"Ember!" Trudy skips over to her, and smiles, "didn't think you'd be here! Wheres the gang?" She tilts her head.

"Oh yeah? The guys that think I'm worthless? Go ask em," she points behind them where the gang were off.

But Trudy shakes her head and sits closer to her.

Soft hands find their way to her shoulder, and even though Ember weakly attempts to shake her off she still stays.

"You know, I don't think they believe you're worthless, maybe you just need some one to tell you..." Trudy parts her lips and looks up at her.

Ember looks away.

Red hair that's darker than her falls on her shoulder.

Ember wants to roll her eyes, but she can't help that notice that maybe Trudy is, just maybe, well....

Pretty.

With her eyes and her long red hair, it's like hers but more. . . Soft? More. . . Graceful? It makes her even more embarrassed when she's looking at her lips.

Trudy continues, maybe she noticed her staring?

What staring ?

Trudy pushes Ember's auburn hair back, "tell you that you're worth it?"

Ember gets up to leave, shaking her head with SOME EMOTION. Anger? Confusion? RAGE! YOU TELL HER.

"I don't- I'm not staying to listen!" She grunts with her fists balled up.

Trudy grabs the hem of her dress to follow her, "but Ember wait! What could possibly be so bad about you that-"

Ember could just FEEL her skin itching with flames, "that you think I'm awful? Emotional? Something to be fixed? Like they do?" She leans up in the girls face.

She can get her to admit it.

She knows she can.

But all it leads to is Trudy fluttering her eyes at her, when she's pushed against the ground.

DID SHE PIN HER ? HOW . Now wait....

Ember can sense she has made a BIG mistake.

Trudy twirls her hair, she's lucky no one ELSE is here to see her pound her to a pulp.

Wait that sounds-

Trudy shakes her head, "I don't think you're any of those, I think you're nice...."

And now they're just looking at each other, no real purpose behind it.

NONE.

Ember says simply, "you're okay..." even though her face is kinda rosy.

(But hormones are hormones as they say,)

Trudy laughs awkwardly even though she's still staring at her, "maybe a kiss might make you feel better?"

And who is Ember to deny making herself feel better?