Puppy Love, [ Chocolate Deer ]

When Caramel laughed, for what felt like the first time in years, folding over himself with tears in his eyes.

That's when Eddie knew,

What he didn't realize though was that saying "there's that handsome smile!" Out loud isn't really the most jockey straight thing to say.

Then, Ember and Cassidy quickly giggled as they left the boys alone.

A peeking Cassidy winking at Eddie and giving him a thumbs up, shutting the door.

Caramel wipes his happy tears from the stupid ass joke Eddie made, "Got any more? It's been a while since I laughed THAT hard..." he smiles down at Eddie, and gosh is he pretty.

But it was a while since they ever had a heart to heart. And darn it! Eddie was gonna cherish it!

He laughs and finger guns at his friend, "I got plenty! But first- you gotta tell me something..."

"What is it..." Caramel looked curiously, but he actually wanted to hear more jokes. Oh well!

"Is there anything you really want in life?" Eddie rolls over and blinks at him twice. Like a WIGGLY ALIEN.

That was random! But hey, Caramel can't complain, plus there is something...

"Well I just wish you'd talk to me more like this, I personally always thought you liked Shadow-" Caramel whispers,

The Bambi boy itches his chin to give off a 'I have two braincells' look.

"Well. I do- did. But it's complicated. I LOVE him but, not in that way? I really want him to stay in my life."

"That's funny. I feel the same way, about you." Caramel let that slip! Honest! He didn't mean for it to come out that way! Honest! HONESTLY!

Eddie turns to the hyena trying his best not to sob uncontrollably and kiss him so much until they turn as old as DIRT.

"Haha, okay."
DAMN IT.

But then what Eddie said replays in Caramel's mind.

[ Wait. ]

Eddie LIKES Shadow?

Caramel tried not get green with jealousy! But you can only do so much, he starts to lose the fond smile. And he slowly resorted to the way he was before.

And he snaps.

"So you do like him or-"

"Well no but-"

Caramel is about to lose it. DO YOU LIKE HIM OR NOT? He screeches in his mind, Eddie looks helpless, all they needed was the truth!

Yet. Here we are,

Eddie rolls his eyes instead of trying to fix the situation, "Well I did for a bit! It's not like you didn't like EMBER!"

"OH YEAH?" Caramel gets up and this is NOT going the way he wanted it to. But he needs to say it.

"So you like me more than Jake? Than Jacob? Huh? Do you?" He gets up in Eddie's face, he looks like he's about to cry...

"Well YEAH b-"

"Well then what about Shadow, Eddie."

"What?"

Time seems to slow down.

"What about Shadow." Caramel grits his teeth and it's clear he has had enough of all this chasing.

Eddie furrows his eyebrows, he's pretty fed up. But he still doesn't understand!

"What do you me-"

"Don't you GET IT?" Caramel threw his paws up in the air, absolutely FURIOUS. How could he like Eddie? He was so INFURIATING, HE LIKED PRETTY MUCH EVERY BOY EVER!

It was so god awful.
Eddie was insufferable.
Always nagging. Always talking.
So why did he like him so much..?

Eddie's jaw dropped, and his eyes grew as big as plates. And slowly, very slowly his face turned red, and Caramel realized he just made the WORST SLIP UP.

And the tension and anger slowly deflates like a balloon.

Eddie pointed to himself as if in a trance, with the goofiest smile.

"You like me?"