Chapter three : dinner date and co.

12:00 ....
1:00 ....
2:00 ....
3:00 !!!!!

"It's almost time!" A voice called out

"What do you mean, I didn't get the ring ready!"
....
"You weren't suppose to even get one"

<3

Today was a very special day, and hopefully everything would go well. Today was the day Caramel would take his beloved on a proper date! One that wasn't ruined by fire, water balloons, and Shadow constantly asking —

"Can I come too ?"

Or Eddie saying

"When are you gonna take her on a REAL one?"

No! Today was their day, Ember and Car's, and we all know we have been waiting for a moment of peace. Everything was perfect, Ember was wearing the blue dress while Car wore a classic black suit. He really wanted to impress her so he even put his dreads in a ponytail, to look fancy.

Car booked an outside seat to the new restaurant that opened up in town, it had fairy lights everywhere and kinda seemed like the place Ember would like. Or not— UGH his nervousness was getting to him.

He pulled Ember's chair for her, giving her a smile before twirling his dreads nervously. What is there to talk about ... What was there to—- THE SURPRISE!

Car had a surprise for Ember and it couldn't wait. But he couldn't just straight up say it! What could he do?

"Sorry Emb I'll be Right back—" Car jumped out his seat and scrambled to a corner near the restaurant, opened his walkie talkie urgently his paws struggling to get the dumb thing open.

"Guys . Help! I don't know what to do what if she thinks— what if I do something dumb?" He whined into the walkie talkie. And who to call on but your friends who have never dated a day in their life?

Eddie huffed with frustration, gripping the walkie talkie with a less than happy look on his face. On the other side, the deer was... WATCHING ABOVE THEM FROM THE ROOF? He searched around and stomped his foot with anger.

Meanwhile, Shadow the other wing man of honor was peeking from another store in front of the one they were at so he could be "like a spy", but let's be real if you saw a blue child staring at you you'd be scared to death and call Willy Wonka.

"Listen to ME Car— Shadow DOESNT know what he's doing!". A scoff could be heard on the other side of the walkie talkie, and a mocking "neither do you" was probably said too loudly on purpose.

"Be tough! Tell her you fought an ox! Or even better A LION with your BARE paws!!!"

"AN OX?" Shadow couldn't take this anymore Eddie's going to ruin everything! "Ember's not going to buy that—- tell her she's pretty"

Arguing ensues .

Those idiots don't know what's happening do they? They'll probably argue for a little while. Well it's fine! All I have to do is be myself and everything will go just as planned! Caramel looked back his paw with a giggly sense of optimism, licked his other paw and scrubbed the unnecessary tips to woo Ember away.I don't need this anyway, all I need is my charm...

Caramel feeling extra cool and swag strutted up to the table with EXTRA swagger,

"grrrrr"
( everyone told  Car not to do his flirting growl but none the less he's addicted )

Ember was watching with concern at Car's weird behavior, but hey! She's used to it and she's fond of it even more.

"Where'd you go? I was looking at the menu and turns out they got Shrimp Scampi!" Her eyes widened and she wore a excited smile, "we can share of you want-"

"Sure!" Car GIGGLED like actually full on giggled like a school girl, his eyes widened with realization and he covered his mouth with his paw as if he said something UNACCEPTABLE.

Cough .... Cough

"I mean— yeah we can share"

"Cool," Ember placed the menu down and kicked her converse on the table "you look really cool— I mean nice today by the way..."

A high pitched voice whispered through the walkie talkie

"SAY SOMETHING!"

"You know what. I think I'll throw this walkie talkie away, after all I can't even HEAR anything from it especially not a annoying deer WHO KEEPS TALKING."

And was it just his eyes or was Ember kinda nervous too? She fiddled with her fingers and kept staring at him, it kinda made him feel more... confident in himself and but more flustered too—

Car braced himself and took a deep breath, the least he could do was express himself too. The lights danced around them like fireflies and sparks of fire. Speaking of fire...

Ember always kinda made him feel warm and alive, like fire but of course that's be so corny if he were to say that out loud. But he was going to tell her how he felt. And so?

Caramel gulped and reach form behind his seat, a heavy boombox staring at Ember, "I need to tell you how I feel, I hope this is good enough" Caramel smiled coyly and took a few minutes to turn on the boombox.

And to put the cherry on top, the song would start their date and the relationship that went with it.