CHAPTER 106 - THE BODY SUIT

Start from the beginning

"Maybe... it's just a mere ally of theirs."

"Maybe... I don't know." Sanchez coughed and his voice was hoarse.

"Are you sick?"

"Don't worry..." He cleared his throat. "I'm alright... it's just a simple cold."

"Take meds after this mission. I have one in the car."

"I'll go first." Sanchez just tapped Ferran's shoulder and went inside the building.

"Wait... I have something important to tell you." Ferran checked his wristwatch again. Fifteen minutes swiftly passed. 'It's too fast...'

"What?" Sanchez stepped backwards because Ferran was too close to him.

"We only have less than three hours."

"Hm?"

"The voice I told you before. I guess this is the last day..." Ferran sighed.

"You said the last day would be on the 16th of March? How come..."

"Everything changes."

"Yeah... you're right. Everything changes." It was like a whisper from Sanchez. He smiled sadly before turning his back at Ferran. "Let's give our best shot."

The building seems dark and empty. Only the rain pouring outside was heard. The two split their way and Ferran encountered two armed men, probably dogs of the organization. The trigger was accidentally pulled that alarmed the others.

"Blair!" Sanchez found Blair on the upper deck. She was tied up in a chair and her mouth was covered with masking tape.

"Hm! Hm!" Blair teared up because she saw her hope. Someone is there to rescue her.

"Are you okay?" Sanchez asked after he removed the tape on her mouth.

"Y-Yes... Are you alone, uncle Rouvie?"

"No. Your uncle is with me. Damn... the ropes were too tight." He pulled his military knife in his pocket and used it to set Blair free.

"At your back!" Blair shouted.

Someone hit Sanchez and he almost fainted because of the great impact.

"Sanchez!" Ferran called. He was a bit injured but he could still fight for them.

"Careful, uncle. They were... i-infected." Blair was trembling because she was not sure if she got infected too.

Blair helped Sanchez to stand while Ferran was having one on one with the man with tribal tattoo.

"Uncle Rouvie, get up." Blair was about to hold him but he stopped her.

"No. Please... stay away from me."

"W-What?"

"Here... wear this." Sanchez's hand was shaking and the body suit he was giving to Blair fell on the ground.

"Uncle Rouvie..."

"I'm..." Sanchez slowly stood like a drunken man. "I'm infected and in the last stage."

"No... There's... We... We completed the cure, uncle Rouvie. Please... Hold on."

Sanchez shook his head as if he was giving up.

"F*ck! Get off!" Ferran was strangled by the man with a tribal tattoo.

"Wear the suit, Blair! Wear it!"

Someone rushed into their direction. It was Nathalie and like her lover, she was infected too. She was about to inject something on Blair but Sanchez covered and received a shot from the lady. Sanchez pushed her with all his strength.

"Ah!" Nathalie screamed but laughed after while looking at Sanchez. "You will die with us! Hahaha."

"At least... I will die with honor and i-integrity unlike you." He held his chest and itchiness was killing him. His whole body was almost covered with wounds.

Sanchez pulled the lady and kicked the man with a tribal tattoo before he killed Ferran. He kicked the man again and fought with him. It's two against him.

Nathalie accidentally slipped while fighting with Sanchez and she fell from the third floor of the upper deck. The man with a tribal tattoo was in rage after he witnessed the death of his lover.

"You motherf*cker! I will kill you! F*ck you!"

Sanchez was too weak to fight back and Ferran was about to help him after he recovered but the man pulled Sanchez to push him where Nathalie fell. Sanchez shifted their position and the man fell, not alone.

Every moment felt like slow motion.

The man with a tribal tattoo held the hem of Sanchez's body suit, Ferran ran to hold his hand, yet... Sanchez was ready to face his fate.

"I'm sorry... I'll leave first." His last words then saluted Ferran before he fell.

"Sanchez! Ah!" His hand was stretched in his direction but it's too late.

He went downstairs and was about to check on Sanchez but Blair pulled him while crying.

"U-Uncle... No. Don't touch him."

"I'll just want to check on him. Please... let me bid my last... my last..." He couldn't utter the last word he was supposed to say.

"He's... he's infected, uncle. In h-his last stage."

"W-What? H-How? F*ck... the symptoms. F*ck! F*ck! Sanchez! Damn you! Damn you for leaving too early! Ah!"

Too painful to bear but they should accept the fact that... that's life. Someone needs to sacrifice for a cause.

Ferran slowly walked toward his dead body.

He tried his best to stand straight and lifted up his trembling hand to put it in front of his forehead. He saluted.

"Farewell... Officer Rouvie Sanchez."