CHAPTER 40 - THE MEMBER

"Everyone, the 'Boss' is about to arrive. Kindly settle yourselves." The lady wearing black corporate attire announced to the board, the secretary of the 'Boss.' The men in formal black corporate coats sit on their swivel chairs while waiting for the 'Boss.'

A man with a 5'10 height, wearing an all-black attire and a black mask covering half of his face entered the meeting room. Everyone in that room felt a strange nervousness when the presence of their so-called 'Boss' appeared. They all stood up in respect to the Boss' arrival but the man just comfortably sat on his chair and didn't bother to greet them.

No one knows the real identity of the 'Boss' even his name, background, and occupation in society. All they know is that the 'Boss' is a very influential individual who handles large businesses inside and outside the country.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you may take your seats." The lady secretary of the 'Boss' formally announced. "The agenda for today is to review the sales and profit of the organization and to discuss the transactions and businesses of every member that were present here."

The 'Boss' put his elbows on the desk and looked at the members one by one. They couldn't make eye contact with him because of fear. They have power but the 'Boss' alone could take them down without sweat.

"Can we start the meeting, 'Boss'?"

"Go ahead." He smirked and leaned on the backrest of his chair.

'Fear... These sons of b*tches.'

The man who handles the all over report of the organization stood in front of everyone and discussed the sales and profits of the BC Organization. He showed the chart on the big screen so everyone could see it clearly.

"There is no problem with the transactions in other towns and the exports to abroad but here in San Lorenzo, San Juan, and San Carlos which dropped to 13% is the main issue. It gives a great impact on the overall financial status of our organization, there is a need to seek for a solution because if it continues, the profits will drop to 25% after three months." The presenter moved to the next slide. "It will be a great loss in the organization."

The 'Boss' tapped his fingers on the desk, thinking who might be responsible for this great loss. He's a businessman and loss is not his thing.

"San Lorenzo, our major producer, couldn't conduct big operations due to the crisis we are facing. The decreasing rate in the distribution of the major producer will affect the overall performance of minor producers, local and foreign."

"Mr. Wang." The 'Boss' called the businessman who handles the transactions in San Lorenzo, San Juan, and San Carlos. Mr. Wang gulped and beads of sweat were visible on his forehead.

"Do you have something to say? Well, I want to hear a proper explanation about this matter." The 'Boss' tried to compose himself while looking at Mr. Wang.

He seemed to lose his temper at any time, holding his gun and playing it with his hands. Everyone is silent while waiting for Mr. Wang to explain his side.

"Uhm... many of our dealers pulled back when they heard about the disease spreading throughout San Lorenzo." Mr. Wang looked sharply at Dr. Maria Garcia who seemed to not care about the meeting and just stared at the folder in front of her.

"They are all afraid of that deadly disease and thinking that the drugs we sell are the origin of this disease. I don't have an idea why they think that way but all I know is that Dr. Garcia has a great responsibility here." Mr. Wang added.

"It's not my problem that you can't handle the towns given to you Mr. Wang. Why blame me?" She raised her eyebrow and secretly smirked. "You don't have any right. No one can order me but the 'Boss.'"

"B*tch." Mr. Wang mumbled.

"And may I remind you the real purpose of this organization." She leaned on the backrest of her chair and crossed her arms. "It is to make a drug that prevents all of us to get any disease so---"

"But you made a drug that made people get sick." One of the members interrupted her. "It's been years but you still can make one. Everything is a failure."

"Yeah. That's right! What's the purpose of that drug if the people were dying? It's nonsen---" A gunshot rang throughout the meeting room. Everyone's eyes widened and held their breath for a second while looking at one of their members.

His head was shot, eyes still open. The blood flows on the long table in front of them and no one dares to speak while looking at the dead body in front of them.

"No one should not speak without my permission." The Boss said with authority. He put down his gun after he shot the last one who spoke.

Everyone was stunned, and froze on their seats, afraid that they might be killed next.

"And don't question the idea of making a drug to get rid of all sickness in this world. It's our main plan and the other transactions and businesses are just mere support." The Boss said and gave Dr. Garcia a glance. Even the doctor was shocked after what happened a while ago.

"Dr. Garcia, I'm hoping that you'll be responsible for this mess and take action to stop the spreading of diseases as soon as possible."

"I... will."

"Mr. Ferran," The next businessman called by the Boss as if nothing happened earlier. The 'Boss' was referring to SPO2 Simeon Ferran's brother.

"I heard, you are good at running a business and you also made a big contribution to increase the profit of our organization. Our sales abroad are high." Mr. Ferran just looked at the Boss with a plain expression. Simon Ferran couldn't help but to watch the guards retrieving Mr. Nadres' body, the man who just died.

'A dog that barked at the wrong time... tsk.'

Simon Ferran is not proud just because the Boss praised him. After all, he is just doing what he should or else his life, his family's life, will be at stake.

"But the thing is," The 'Boss' played with the gun in his hand again. "Your brother seemed to know about our organization. You know... he's being nosy."

Simon Ferran clenched his fist under the table to get rid of his indignation. He was sure that he didn't tell anything to his younger brother. SPO2 Simeon Ferran is a great policeman who always finds a way to know the truth behind the mystery of their society.

"He's just good at what he was doing. I don't have any idea why he knew about us or the organization. Maybe..." He looked around and searched for someone who could be the target of their 'Boss.' The last thing he wanted to talk about in that hellish room is his family.

"Maybe?" The Boss asked, interested in what will Mr. Ferran says.

"Maybe some of us are not prudent to keep our organization private." Mr. Ferran glanced at Mr. Wang. "I heard Thalia is missing? Why is that Mr. Wang?" He focused the topic on Mr. Wang and the attention of the 'Boss' diverted to him.

Mr. Wang nearly fainted when the Boss looked at him again. He thought his conversation with the 'Boss' was done but it's not, thanks to Simon Ferran.

Thalia Lopez, one of the members of the BC Organization, chose to give some hints to SPO2 Ferran about their organization but unfortunately, she got poisoned and became missing after leaving the hospital.

"My men were searching for her. Don't worry, I'll take care of it." Mr. Wang nervously answered Simon.

"Just make sure Mr. Wang. Just make sure because I won't hesitate to make you next to Mr. Nadres." The Boss refers to the one he shot earlier. Mr. Wang's face became pale when he heard the words directly coming from their Boss.

It is a threat. He should be afraid.