CHAPTER 85 - THE APPROVAL

"Crap!" Blair screamed too when she recognized the male student. "D-Darren."

Trestan immediately checked his pulse. "He still has a pulse!" Trestan took a chair and removed the rope around his neck. Blair supported them. "Blair, get some oxygen in the clinic."

"Okay."

"And you woman," he was referring to the lady who first saw Darren. "Call the police."

"S-Sure."

Trestan did the CPR procedure. Thankfully the room is not so far from the clinic so Blair immediately came back.  "His heart beats normally so far. Let's take him to the clinic!"

Darren is still unconscious. He lifted him on his back and took him to the clinic. The nurse checked on him and thankfully, Trestan did the first procedure.

After a while, two policemen arrived at the school.

They stayed in the clinic until Darren gained consciousness. Blair neared him and struck her hand on his arm. "Are you crazy!? Suicide eh?"

"W-What? Suicide? What are you saying?" He asked as if he didn't know what happened.

"You almost died! For Pete's sake!"

"Blair, calm down." Trestan tapped his shoulder. "So what's the last thing you remember?"

"Someone gave me a drink. I think she's the one who always stalks me." Darren said.

"Stalker?" She asked and he just nodded.

"We don't have evidence," Trestan said then he remembered the young lady who's the first one who saw Darren. She's outside, looking at the glass door of the clinic. "I saw her taking photos of you earlier." He was referring to the young lady.

"I will talk to her." Blair went outside the clinic and after a while, she showed the photos to them. Trestan noticed someone peeking at the window in the photo.

Timothy zoomed it in. "Did you know her?" He handed him the phone.

"She's the one I'm talking about."

"That's Cathy Vergara, my classmate," Blair said. "Let's find her."

"I'm going with you," Darren said and got up from the clinic bed.

Trestan held her hands and they searched for the young lady named Cathy. While they were looking for her, Darren saw them holding hands. "Are you in a relationship?" He asked.

"Yeah," Trestan immediately answered. He wanted Darren to know that Blair is off limits.

"For how long?" Darren seems heartbroken.

"Hours ago," Trestan answered again.

"Ah. Well, congrats."

They met the policemen in the hallway and one of them asked Darren about the incident. The policemen helped them to find Cathy but her body was found dead in the storage room.

Trestan and Blair just let the policemen solve the case. This is their first day as a couple so they have to enjoy it though someone died on that day.

Trestan sent Blair to her house and he planned to formally make their relationship official. He was so nervous because he will face Ferran.

"Don't worry. Uncle will surely like you and approve of our relationship." She gripped his hand that was so cold.

"I don't think so. He was so furious and mad at me when you got shot last Christmas."

"He was just carried away by his emotions. Trust me. He likes you for me." Blair smiled at him.

The door is not locked and Ferran's car is in the garage, meaning he's home. They heard the television and when they both entered the house, Ferran looked at them.

"Blair---" He stopped when he saw Trestan with her and their hands intertwined with each other. "What's the meaning of this?"

Ferran gave them a blank expression while looking at their still holding hands. He cleared his throat. "Why don't your hands separate first?" But they just looked at him. Ferran sighed. "You're so young to be in a relationship."

"Uncle---"

"Are you sure about this?" He looked at Blair and then to Trestan.

"I love your niece, officer and I don't want another guy approaching her other than me," Trestan said as if he's not feeling nervous and afraid at all.

"Love? What do you know about love? Why does it seem so fast?" Ferran leaned on the backrest of the sofa and crossed his arms.

"According to psychological facts that I have read, people can fall in love within four minutes. For me, you can say that you're in love or you love someone if you care for her, you feel jealousy, you don't want her to be hurt, and if you could sacrifice for the sake of your loved one."

Ferran suddenly got silent just looking at him intently. 'Is this really my boy, Trestan? He seemed so matured and in love.'

"Okay."

"Okay? What does it mean, uncle?" Blair asked.

"Okay, I'm giving you my approval but," Ferran has one condition. "No kissing."

"Alright." Trestan agreed, even Blair.

"The conversation is over." Ferran stood up. "Trestan, eat dinner with us."

"Y-You cooked?" Blair seemed to be nervous because she knew that his uncle is not a good cook.

"Nope. I just ordered at the restaurant nearby." Ferran answered and proceeded to the kitchen. Blair sighed in relief before they followed Ferran into the dining area.

"He's not a good cook?" Trestan whispered in her ears.

"Yeah." Blair chuckled.

"He's like my dad." Trestan laughed a little but immediately stopped when Ferran turned to look at them.

They eat dinner and after that, Blair accompanied Trestan to the gate of her house. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Trestan said and he unexpectedly kissed her on the cheek before leaving. Blair smiled and went inside the house.

"Are you sure? You want to be in a relationship with him?" Ferran asked while sipping his coffee.

"Tell me, uncle. Don't you want me to be his girlfriend?"

"No. I don't want him to be your boyfriend."

"Why?"

"Because Simeon will be mad at me."

"He's always mad at you. Nothing's new."

"Well, yeah. You have a point." He laughed a little with that thought. "By the way, did you search for the bracelet you dropped earlier?"

"Oh! I forgot. Key." Ferran handed her the key and Blair immediately went to the garage where the pickup car was parked. She opened the flashlight in her phone and looked for the bracelet under her seat. She found it laying on the red notebook. Her forehead creased and took the bracelet and the red notebook.

The half part of the notebook had a dried bloodstain. She immediately closed the car and ran inside the house. "Uncle! Uncle? Uncle!" She searched for his uncle.

"Blair? Why are you shouting?"

"Look!" She showed him the notebook.