CHAPTER 80 - THE FALL

{TW: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN VIOLENCE, SUICIDE & DEATH NOT SUITABLE FOR SOME OF THE READERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.}

"Glad you came to join me." Dr. Carlos De Vega said while playing billiards in their house near the sea.

"Well, yeah. It's my day off." Danryll said and took his turn.

"Why don't you just move here?" He asked while watching his son taking his turn.

"I was planning to." He dropped the target in the side pocket.

"Good then."

"Where's Zyrille? I thought she'll be here too."

"There's an emergency in the hospital and she needs to be there." Dr. De Vega answered.

"She's always busy."

"Yeah."

"Are you going to have dinner here? Zyrille might join us---" The doctor was interrupted by a phone call.

"I'll just answer it." Danryll moved away and talked to his phone. "What!? Okay... Yeah... I'll be there... In uhm... An hour. Bye." He ended the call, immediately took his jacket and key from the table.

"I'm sorry, dad. Emergency."

"When will you visit again?" The doctor asked, hoping to see his son again.

"Some other time." He was in a hurry so he didn't talk too much.

"Take care." He was following his son until they reached the main door. Danryll was about to enter his car when he came back and hugged his dad.

"Take care, dad. I will visit you more often. Don't worry." He smiled and left him. Dr. De Vega watched his son's departure.

+++

"How's your examinations Alexa?" Her dad asked. They were having a usual family dinner before doing their own stuff.

"Good. I think I'll be able to pass them all."

"You think?" Alexander, Alexa's father, raised his eyebrow.

"Hon, we've already talked about this. Please..." Rhiane, Alexa's mother, held her husband's arm.

"I know. I know. Don't worry."

Alexa looked at them, nervously waiting for their explanation. She doesn't know what they were talking about.

"What is it dad?"

"We no longer pressure you on your studies," Alexander announced, which made Alexa lightened up. "But... It doesn't mean you'll discard your studies."

"Yes! Don't worry." Alexa couldn't help but to stand and hugged her parents. "Thank you, dad. Thank you, dad!"

The two looked into each other's eyes and seemed to be content with their daughter's reaction. They should have done this sooner. The both of them put a lot of pressure on Alexa which is not good for her, either physically or mentally.

"I love you both."

"We love you too."

+++

It was a peaceful day and everyone was waiting for their next teacher.

"Good afternoon class! The list of honors was posted on the bulletin board. Feel free to look for it." The teacher announced. There were no classes that afternoon; they just needed to complete their requirements.

"Let's look at our rank?" Blair excitedly asked her after they finished their tasks. She already knew that Alexa's parents were fine with whatever Alexa got.