CHAPTER 74 - THE PROM NIGHT

Blair sat in front of her parents' gravestones and stared at them for a moment.

.

"Hey! Mom, dad. I'm here again and with Trestan." Trestan looked at her while standing. "I miss you both."

Trestan decided to sit beside her and silently, they appreciated the serenity of the surroundings. The wind gently blowing and whispering to them.

"You know what? Before they died, my mom wanted to know who is the lucky guy I like." She smiled but didn't reach her eyes. "I always regret that I did not tell them, especially since mommy wants to be the first to know about him."

Trestan was stunned and looked away. Trestan's Adam's apple moved up and down as he felt uneasiness. He wanted to ask her about it but who is he to do that?

'Maybe, it is Darren, her classmate, or that businessman Leviste. Tss. Who cares? I don't care.' He said in his mind but deep inside, he felt annoyed.

"Do you want to know who it is?" Blair asked, looking at him and seeking his response.

"I'm not interested."

"Ah... Okay." She couldn't hide her disheartened voice. In spite of disappointment, she just changed the topic. "Why don't you talk often? Your voice is so deep. I... like it." She cleared her throat and looked away. Trestan's ears became red because of what Blair said.

"Because I don't want to."

"And why is that? You're so snobbish."

"You're so talkative."

"And you're so silent. Mute as a nickname suits you so well."

"Shut up."

"Well... I am talkative and you're a mute. Hm..." Blair couldn't explain herself. She really enjoys talking to him, and Trestan didn't notice that he was responding to her because they feel the same way.. "Opposite attracts, right? So we're meant to be."

"W-What?" He blinked twice after he heard those words from Blair.

"Kidding! Haha. Your face is so funny." She wanted to make it serious , she wanted to express her feelings but Trestan's expression made her laugh.

"Tss."

They became silent for a while before Blair opened a new topic. She never runs out of things to say.

"Uhm... Do you have a date for Prom Night?"  She's hoping that he does not have a date because she wanted to be his date for that special night.

"Yeah. You?" Trestan glanced at Blair.

"Yup. I have one." She answered. Frankly, She has no date yet because Blair was really planning to ask Trestan but unfortunately, he has a date already. They stayed there for almost an hour and Blair is the one who mostly talks.

"Thank you for accompanying me," Blair said when he dropped her in front of Ferran's house but he just nodded and went home.

Blair watched him until he's gone from her sight. Later on, she saw a strange car in her peripheral view. She felt paranoid as if someone's watching her so she immediately went inside the house. Ferran is not at home yet hence Blair locked the doors and even the windows. This is what she feels every time she's alone. Nervous. Afraid. Fear. Anxiety.

On the other hand, Trestan picked up Cally from Mrs. Santos'.

"Thank you, Mrs. Santos."

"You're welcome. See you next time, Cally."

"See you!" She said while waving her little hand on the old woman. After they arrive at their home, Timotheus is still at work.

"Cally, Change your clothes," Trestan ordered her after he unlocked the door.