CHAPTER 63 - THE CHRISTMAS EVE

Christmas day is approaching. Every family is busy preparing their delicious food for that special day while waiting for a few hours until midnight comes.

Every home is full of joy. Christmas carols can be heard everywhere. There are lots of attractive designs outside their houses and the flickering of colorful Christmas lights is entertaining.

"Hey, where are you going? Would you please help me design this Christmas tree?" Ferran asked Blair who was about to go outside the house. He could no longer know what he was doing to the Christmas tree.

"I'll be right back. I'll just... I will take care of... Uhm... Something important." She said, trying to avoid her uncle's gaze.

"Hey, Blair! It's eight o'clock in the evening! It will be dangerous for you to---"

"Promise, I'll come back immediately!" She said while running towards the garage to take her new bike.

"That brat." Ferran shook his head and sighed. He looked at the garlands in his hands, and threw it because he didn't know what he was doing.

"Hey, you okay man?" Sanchez asked who was wearing an apron because he was the one who cooks their Noche Buena. Sanchez will celebrate Christmas with Ferran's so they have an agreement that Sanchez will be the cook because Ferran has no talent in cooking.

"Yeah. I'm just wondering where Blair was heading right now." He sighed.

"Just let her. We don't know, maybe she'll meet someone." Sanchez grinned while his arm was on Ferran's shoulder.

"Tss. Don't say that. Simeon might bury me alive if I let his only niece, touched by any guy." He chuckled.

Blair went to Alfarez house and she sighed a few times but she still could not press Alfarez's doorbell until someone came out of the front door and looked at her.

"Hey, young lady!" Julsen Beltran, Alfarez partner, and friend walked toward the gate. "You're Ferran's niece, right? What are you doing here?"

"I just..." She cleared her throat and couldn't say what she wanted to say. "I just---"

"Come on. Let's go inside." Beltran opened the gate for her and invited Blair inside.

"A-Ah... I just came to uhm..."

"Don't be shy. Come on." Beltran has an aura of a good and approachable man so Blair didn't feel uncomfortable. She is just nervous to enter Alfarez's house.

When they reached the front door, she breathed in and out because it was her first time entering the house. She felt really nervous.

She saw Timotheus and Cally, designing their Christmas tree in the living room. They stopped what they were doing because of Blair's arrival.

"Blair?" Timotheus wondered why she's in their house.

"Merry Christmas, Mr. Alfarez."

"You're too formal. Just call me, uncle. You're a family friend." He smiled at her.

"Hi, Blair!" Cally approached her.

"Cally, sweetie, kindly respect our visitor. She's older than you so you need to---"

"Ate Blair." Cally corrected her mistake. "What ale doing hele? Ale you visiting Kuya?"

(The word 'Ate' is referring to an older woman, older sister, or older girl cousin)

"W-What? Uhm..." She didn't know what to say and she just blushed.

"Wait hele! I'll just call him for you!" She giggled and ran toward the kitchen.