CHAPTER 72 - THE NEXT SUSPECT

Examination day...

The whole highschool building is in peace and silence. They were taking their last day semi-final exam for that year and when the bell rang, the students suddenly made noise.

Some are glad to finish the last exam on time, others do not care if their answers are correct, as long as the exams are finally over, the others complain because they did not finish the exam and most of them just sighed in relief.

Cally has no classes so Trestan just left her sister to their neighbor, Mrs. Santos. He was unlocking the bike when he noticed a famous and rich man, Mr. Reevecus Leviste waiting outside the school gate with flowers in his hand.

Trestan creased his forehead and easily got annoyed. The young businessman gained attention from the students who were going outside the school, especially with the girls. Some of them took pictures with Leviste who is somehow approachable.

Well, he has the looks, wealth, and brain so who doesn't like and want him? Only Blair Ferran.

"Who are you looking at?" Someone asked beside him.

It was Sunny Montes, his classmate. She was ignored like everyone around but she did not care because it was Trestan Joern Alfarez, the most snobbish person she knew.

He sat on the bicycle saddle and was about to step on the pedal when Sunny asked, "Do you already have a date for Prom Night?" He just shook his head and doesn't have an interest in having a conversation about that event.

"Well, then. You'll be my date." She winked and smiled at him before leaving. Trestan was stunned by the sudden decision his classmate made. That's Sunny, beauty with uhm... Brain? Yeah.

'Why did she want to be my date? Really me? A nobody? Tss.' He watched her walking away with her friends. 'She even decided on her own without asking me if I wanted to be her date.'

"What was that?" Aquiro caught his cousin's attention. He saw Sunny talking to him. "Did Sunny just talk to you?"

"It's nothing." He was about to leave but Aquiro put his arm on his shoulder to interrogate him.

"It's not 'nothing,' right? What is it?"

"Stop pestering me."

"You'll not go until you spill the tea."

"You're annoying."

"I know."

"Damn." Trestan sighed and glared at Aquiro. "She wanted me to be her date on Prom Night, okay?"

"Ohhh..." Aquiro reacted exaggeratedly by putting his hand to cover his mouth. "Is it the start of having a love life, huh?" He even moved his eyebrows up and down.

"You're talking nonsense. Leave me alone."

"Aquiro! Sorry for keeping you wait—oh... did I interrupt something?" Alexa asked while looking at the two.

Aquiro was about to respond when they heard students making noises in front of the campus gate and they saw Reevecus Leviste's arrival. After a while, they notice Blair walking towards the guy.

"I'm leaving." Trestan doesn't care if Leviste is making a scene. But his hands, which were tightly gripping the handlebar of his bike, acted otherwise. He rides his bike outside the campus, leaving Aquiro and Alexa alone.

"I smell a hint of jealousy!" Aquiro shouted and laughed at Trestan who chose to ignore him.

"What are you doing here?" Blair asked while preventing herself from losing her temper. Every time she sees the young Leviste, she is automatically getting irritated. She thought her life will be at peace after their talk in his yacht yet he's in front of the campus waiting for her.

"Just checking on you and here." He handed her a bouquet but Blair just glanced at it. "Flowers for you."

" You're making a scene! For Pete's sake!" She held her temple because Reevecus was giving her a headache.

"Stop this crap. You're embarrassing me." She lowers her voice so that the people around who are already watching them cannot hear what she is saying.

There, she saw Trestan leaving the school alone, and didn't mind what's going on in front of the school gate. Reevecus look at what Blair was looking for, and raised his eyebrow.

"She's lucky!"

"Blair was close to Reevecus Asyl Leviste!?"

"I envied her."

"Is he courting her?"

"Well, Blair is pretty."

"Duh! They are not fit to be lovers, they are even more appropriate as siblings."

"You have a point girl."

"You like that guy?" Reevecus asked while creasing his forehead.

"None of your business." She rolled her eyes and acted like a brat again.

"You're replacing me with that ordinary young man?" He questioned her.

'Seriously? Did he exist just to annoy me?'

"For your information, we're not in a relationship for you to be so dramatic like that. Tss." Blair hissed but Reevecus just smirked at her, the most annoying smirk.

"You're so straight forward. You don't even think about how I feel." He covered his face with his hand, acting like he was crying but he was just trying to restrain himself from laughing. Blair's annoyed face looks so hilarious to him.

"Because I keep telling you that I don't like you, I really don't want to see you, I don't care about your feelings for me, I---"

"Shh. I know. I know but you don't have to repeat it." He sighed and his aura became down. "Just hop in my car and I'll drop you at your house," Reevecus told her but she seemed to disagree.

"Please?" She was already glaring at him. "Pretty please?" But she stayed like that. "Damn woman! It's really hard to beg you."

"Don't force me if I don't want to." She rolled her eyes and started to walk away but Reevecus grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"You'll ride with me or," He grinned at her and she felt that he would do a naughty act.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll announce that you're my girlfriend?" He smirked and that made her eyes widened.

"How dare---ugh! Fine! Just take me home." She stomped her feet and entered the luxurious car Reevecus Leviste owns. She slammed the door and wore a seatbelt.

"Don't be too harsh on my baby," Raver said, referring to his car. As they arrived at Ferran's house, Blair immediately went outside his car.

"Take ca---" She shut the door of his car and ran toward the house. Reevecus watched her until she got inside. "That brat. Tsk."

Ferran was so stressed while sipping his coffee because there was no progress on his mission. Even if he tried to dig more information about the organization, he really can't find anything.

'If only I had a chance to interrogate Mr. Wang that night.'

Ferran looked at the board where he posted the important information of his mission. His eyes focused on a particular photo, Reevecus Asyl Leviste. He included him as one of the suspected people and he'll be his next target.

He believed that he was close to the truth, just a little bit more push.

"Take it slowly but surely, Ferran. You can accomplish this mission." He said to himself. "You have one more year to finish it."

He made a short prayer before going to bed. Since he encountered the old man in the plaza, it seems like it has become his hobby to pray every day, and there, his mood is lightened. His fear of the future happening diminishes and gradually disappears. That was what they called the 'power of prayer.'