CHAPTER 39 - THE WARNING

"Nurse Tina, Just... Just remove the bullet. I will be fine."

The two holduppers who were shot also screamed all curses in the world while removing the bullets in their legs. They were treated by Nurse Tina's assistants and  their wounds weren't so deep compared to Ferran whose wound was deep and severe.

Some of their co-polices were peeking outside the clinic in the police station. They are watching Nurse Tina removing the bullet from Ferran's thigh.

"F*ck!" The nurse put alcohol into the opening of Ferran's wound.

He grabbed the pillow beside him and covered his face to prevent himself from shouting. It was so damn embarrassing in front of his colleagues to act like that so he tried his best to act cool in that worst scenario.

"Ouch!"

"Thank goodness! I'm not in his situation."

"It really hurts!"

The policemen outside the room murmured as they watched Ferran being treated. They react as if they are the ones who've been treated and feeling the pain from the operation.

Nurse Tina took minutes to remove the bullet before she used suture to close his wound. Ferran almost cried considering it as a torture and Sanchez just gulped while watching his partner suffer. Just seeing the medical equipment touched Ferran's flesh, gave them anxiety and felt bad for their co-police.

Finally! After half an hour the operation was done successfully.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, officer. Take a rest." Nurse Tina apologized.

"Thank you." Ferran said before moving to comfortably lie down on the clinic bed. Sanchez helped him 'coz he couldn't move easily because of his injury. He rest until evening and

"Does it still hurt?" Sanchez asked while driving to Ferran's home.

"Don't ask the obvious, Sanchez." He said, then looked at the empty and dark streets of San Lorenzo.

"Just a piece of advice, don't be too reckless. Safety first, Ferran. Safety first."

When they arrived in front of the house, there were no lights on. His house really feels empty, and Timotheus missed the times when his children were waiting for his arrival after work. He can't experience it again because he has to live Ferran's life.

'In all those years, this is the life he was living? Loneliness...'

Sanchez guided him until they reached the front door. Their clinic lent him a pair of crutches in order to help himself.

"I have to go. Take care of yourself." Sanchez bid his goodbye and Ferran just nodded.

Until now, his wound still hurts, especially that there was no anesthesia used. So every time he moved, he could feel the pain.

"F*ck! F*ck!" He hissed.

He could not reach the room so he just stayed in the living room, and laid himself on the soft sofa. His body was very tired. He wanted to go to sleep and that's what he did.

***

"You're wasting your time!" The voice in darkness again.

His eyes opened and saw nothing but darkness.

"Will you just let the past happen again?"

"What will I do? I don't know!"

"Timotheus! This is your chance. Chances in life are very important. If you don't take it, don't regret it."