CHAPTER 58 - THE ICE CREAM

"Ehem... May I talk to you for a second, Trestan?" The doctor caught their attention. They left Blair and talked far away from her. The doctor put his arm on Trestan's shoulder.

"Do you like that girl, huh?" Dr. De Vega asked with a smirk on his face.

Trestan creased his forehead but Dr. De Vega just laughed at him because of his epic facial expression.

"Don't take it seriously. Haha. I'm just kidding." He said while tapping the boy's shoulder.

Trestan rolled his eyes and he was about to remove the doctor's arm but the doctor stopped him.

"Just kidding. How's your wound?"

"It's healing."

"Don't force yourself." The doctor tapped his shoulder. "By the way, I'm observing something."

Trestan didn't say anything but he was waiting for an explanation about the doctor's observation. Dr. De Vega removed his arm on Trestan's shoulder and faced him.

"I'm observing the blood of those who were injected by Dr. Garcia's antidote."

"Why? I thought it's already done."

"I'm just checking on something. I have this strange feeling that there's something we need to know about the effect of that antidote." The doctor said while holding his chin.

"Well, if you say so. I will help."

"Me too!" They both looked at Blair and they didn't even notice that she's beside them all the time. Dr. De Vega chuckled and tapped her shoulder.

"Yeah. Sure. You too." Then he looked at Trestan who just sighed. "Your Year-End Party is on Friday, right?"

"Yes, doctor. But I don't think of attending that party." Blair answered as if she was close to the doctor that she just met twice. Well, Blair is a friendly young lady.

"And why is that? Trestan doesn't want to either." Doctor De Vega informed her because he wanted to tease Trestan.

"Ah. Well, it's kind of boring but I'm sure that my uncle will force me to attend even if I don't want to." The doctor glanced at Trestan but he was busy looking at the folder he was holding.

"Trestan," The doctor called him. "How about your sister? Is her class not yet over?"

"Oh sh---" He stopped himself cursing when he saw Blair innocently looking at him.

He cleared his throat before bidding his goodbye. 

"I'll go ahead." He doesn't ask if Blair was going out with him because the doctor might think that there is something between them.

"I'll gotta go then. Bye doctor!" Blair said and waved her hand to the doctor. She followed Trestan who was about to close the steel door. "Trestan! Wait up."

Trestan ignored her again. As usual.

"Hey, Blair!" Someone approached her in the hallway. It's her classmate Darren Reyes who has a crush on her.

"Hi," Blair responded.

"What color will you wear to our Year End Party?"

"Uhm... I'm not sure if I'll attend."

"Aw. Haha. Well, it's kind of boring though."

"Yeah, right. Haha."

Trestan turned his head to look at them while he was walking. He doesn't know why he felt irritated when he saw Blair laughing with a guy.

"Well, I hope you'll come. Uhm... I'll walk you to the guardhouse? Shall we?"

"Uhm..." She looked at Trestan who's far away from where she is. "Sure. Let's go."