CHAPTER 14 - THE DRAMA

Ferran hid behind the bushes near the pool where a crime will happen soon.

It is such a waste if he will not do anything to save a person who sooner or later, will die. Besides, he already knew, why not change the outcome?

He isn't God who can do everything, but a chance was given to him. A chance that will make a difference from the original plot. He can't miss this chance.

"Stop acting like a kid, Bia."

"Is it true?" Bia asked and a tear fell on her cheek. She's totally drunk. "You have someone else? How about me, Vinno? What am I to you?"

"What if I have someone else? Don't act like you really love me 'coz the truth is... you're not."

"What?"

"Ria told me that you agree to marry that b*stard Eric and sooner or later you'll break up with me."

"What kind of cr*p are you talking about? Is that the reason why you're seeing someone else? Hm? Vinno?" He looked away, and couldn't look at his girlfriend's pleading eyes. "That's bullsh*t!"

"I fell out of love, okay?" Vinno said insensitively. He doesn't care if Bia was hurting from his harsh words.

"What? You what!?"

"Bia---"

"No! You're kidding---"

"I'm not!"

"Bullsh*t! Bullsh*t! F*ck you! F*ck your mistress!" She cried. "I... I... love you."

"F*ck it. Why am I talking this with you when you're drunk?" He sighed. "Sit there and I'll get something to sober you up. Don't do anything stupid."

Bia held the hem of Vinno's shirt. "Please... I'm begging. Don't leave me. Vinno..." but the guy removed his girlfriend's hand and left her alone beside the pool.

'Did I... Did I just watch a live soap opera? Geez.' Ferran stayed where he was hiding until someone approached the victim.

"Noreen." Bia looked mad at the lady.

Noreen chose to ignore her but she speaks again.

"Stealer." Noreen stopped walking away and her hand formed into a fist. "Do you think I won't know? You're my best friend yet---"

"Ha! Best friend my *ss!" She faced Bia who's sitting at the edge of a stainless lounger. "I met him first. He should be mine!"

"What the f*ck are you saying, Noreen!? You said, you just think of him as a friend so I thought it's fine if---"

"No! It will never be alright! I love him." A tear fell but Noreen wiped it right away. Bia's eyes widened, and they both sat in silence for a second.

"S-Sorry..." Bia looked at the swimming pool, realizing her best friend's feelings for her boyfriend, Vinno. "I... love him too but... but if he fell out of love because of you," She looked at her best friend for ten years. "Then I guess... It's time for me to let go of my first love. I hope... I... damn... it's so hard to let him go." Bia cried and put her palms on her face.

"Why are we falling for the same man? This is bullsh*t." Bia didn't know if she'll cry or laugh at that thought. "He... He fell out of love so why am I forcing myself to him? As if he's the only man in this world." Bia said as if she was telling it to herself but pain in her eyes was very visible.

"Noreen," She held her best friend's hands. "I hope both of you will be happy in each other's arms." She smiled bitterly.

"Bia..." Noreen felt guilty. If Noreen had just been honest with how she felt for Vinno, would this have happened to them?