CHAPTER 43 - THE RALLY

Working all day is very tiring and Ferran just arrived at his home with Sanchez.

After weeks of exhausting days because of Lila Virus, they're fighting, they were given a day off and Sanchez decided to sleepover at Ferran's house. After they ate the food Ferran prepared, Sanchez planned to watch a movie while drinking their beer.

"Simeon,"

"Yes?"

"Did you forget this day?"

"Huh?"

"This is our 3rd year as partners in service." Sanchez opened the beer in the can and it made a 'click' sound. "How could you forget this day?" He stared at the bubbles.

Ferran froze for a moment before moving and acting smoothly.

"Is it this day? Damn." He scratched his head. "It's been years already." Ferran turned his back on Sanchez.

'Damn it. I almost caught off guard.'

"We should celebrate then."

"Y-Yeah."

"You want to watch a movie, right?" His hand shook a little while choosing the compact disc. "This. Let's watch 'The World is Not Enough' by James Bond." Ferran suggested and showed the CD to Sanchez.

"No. I want a horror movie. You want it too, am I right?"

"I'm not a fan of horror movies. You know... I like actions more than horrors." He said while turning on the television in the divider.

"What? You're the one who influenced me to watch horrors." Ferran was stunned by what Sanchez said but he quickly recovered from the shock and chose to open the DVD.

"Well... I changed my taste. I prefer action movies. You don't like---" He couldn't continue speaking as he felt something cold pointing at the back of his head.

"Who are you?" Sanchez asked in a tone of confusion. He just wants to test his partner but it turns out like this.

"R-Rouvie... What... It's me Simeon Fer---"

"No! You're not."

"Sanchez put it down. You might pull it---"

"Who. Are. You?"

"I'm Simeon. Why don't you believe me? And what's happening to you, man?" Ferran asked while clenching his fist. Maybe his actions were so obvious.

He can't totally copy Ferran 'coz he is Timotheus Alfarez, The future Timotheus Alfarez who reincarnated two years back to change everything needed to be changed.

"Simeon never forgot the day we were assigned as partners. It's January 21st, assh*le."

"W-What?" Ferran faced Sanchez and the mouth of the gun was pointed between his eyes.

'Is he just testing me? Damn! I'm cornered.' A sweat rolled down from Ferran's forehead.

"Simeon never changes his taste when it comes to the movie genre. He never says no to horrors."

"S-Sanchez..."

"And Simeon is not someone who puts his life on the line if it's not about work!"

"Sanchez, please... calm down."

"You'll reveal yourself or I'll shoot you now?" Sanchez glared at him and put his index finger on the trigger.

"F-Fine. Fine. Just... Just put it down. I can't die earlier than expected."

"W-What are you sayin'?" Sanchez creased his forehead.

"Put the gun down first."

"No."