CHAPTER 62 - THE TALK

***

"Alfarez!"

He opened his eyes and woke up in the dark place, and he heard a very familiar voice.

"Alfarez!"

"Ferran? You, there? Where are you?"

"Are you really going to kill me!?" He was so angry.

"W-What?"

"You always put my life on the brink of death!" His baritone voice echoed everywhere. "If you wanna die, die alone! Don't involve me in your stupidity!"

"Die? That's the last thing I would wish, *sshole! And," He clenched his fist. "For your information,  I am the one who feels the pain, not you!"

"F*ck you!"

"F*ck you too."

"I will beat you! You moron!"

Alfarez did not respond to it and just asked a question. "Why don't you use your body?"

"Because I can't! And that's bullsh*t!" The real Simeon Ferran was really furious.

"Will you stop cursing for a while? I need to ask if you know anything about this." Alfarez asked.

"Talk to yourself."

"I'm serious."

"I don't have any idea, okay? I just... I just saw you after I opened my eyes a while ago."

"But I can't see you. Where are you?"

"What? I'm in front of you! Idiot." Alfarez can't see Ferran but Ferran clearly sees Alfarez in front of him.

"Where are you? I really---sh*t! I-I can't b-breath." Alfarez's chest tightened.

"Hey, moron! What's happening!?"

***

"Nurse, get the defibrillator! His heartbeat slows down. He may have a cardiac arrest. Double time!" The doctor said,

"What's happening to my uncle!?" Blair was crying while forcing herself to come near the bed but Sanchez wrapped his arms around her waist to stop her. "Uncle! Uncle! Uncle..."

***

"It's Blair! What's happening to her? Why is she calling me?" Ferran asked but saw Alfarez lying and gasping for air.

"Alfarez! Seriously? It's not time for jokes!" Ferran tried to reach him but he couldn't hold Alfarez in the middle of that dark place.

"What to do? What to do?! Damn it! I'm taking back my words earlier! I'm just kidding, okay? Alfarez!"

***

"Is that clear?"

"Clear!" They perform the defibrillation but it's not enough.

"Let's try another one! Is that clear?"

"Clear!"

***

"Alfarez! You moron! Wake up!" Ferran slapped Alfarez straight to his face.

***

"His heartbeat came back to normal." The doctor announced and the people around sighed in relief.

"Uncle." Blair hugged his unconscious body and sobbed.

Ferran was admitted to a private room. Sanchez, Blair and the Chief were there waiting for him to wake up. The Chief didn't stay there for too long because he was supposed to take care of his work.