CHAPTER 64 - THE GIFT

At exactly twelve midnight, they ate their Noche Buena. Even though Simeon, Rouvie, and Blair were just celebrating just the three of them, they are still happy to celebrate Christmas.

On the other hand, in the Alfarez house, they celebrate Christmas with Julsen and Granny.

Four o'clock in the morning when the church bell rang. Many people attended the church service that morning. Gladly greeting each other a Merry Christmas while waiting for the speaker to start the service.

Blair looked around, as if she was looking and waiting for someone.

"Are you searching for someone? You've been looking around for a while. You may have neck pain." His uncle Simeon asked who was beside her.

"It's nothing, uncle." She sat properly and stopped what she was doing.

"I told you. Maybe Blair has a boyfriend already." Said Sanchez who was sitting beside Ferran. Blair glared at him but he just laughed a little because of her expression.

"Tss. Nonsense." Ferran said and they just kept quiet after that to hear the word of God from the church they were attending.

"The service is finished. Merry Christmas everyone!" The speaker said and everyone stood to walk toward the exit door.

It took an hour and a half before the service ended. It is still dark outside and it seems that the sun is just starting to rise. The two families run to each other outside the church.

"Merry Christmas!" Granny said to cut the awkwardness between them.

Ferran and Alfarez awkwardly glanced at each other while the kids took the elderlies' right hand to press their forehead at the back of the elder's hand.

(That is an honoring-gesture called 'mano' or 'pagmamano', that gesture is used to show respect from elders in the Philippines. It is like kissing hands in another country.)

Trestan and Blair's eyes met. Trestan's eyes seemed to say something that Blair immediately understood.

"Dad, I'll go ahead," Trestan whispered to his father. He brought his bike so he could go home first.

"Take care," Alfarez said and tapped his shoulder. He just nodded and went to the tree near the church to get his bike.

"Uncle, I'll just go somewhere. Don't wait for me."

"Hey, take care. Go home immediately." Ferran almost shouted because Blair is far away from them.

Trestan is currently unlocking his bike when Blair arrives at his back.

"Hi! Merry Christmas." She greeted him.

He looked at her after he unlocked his bike. She's wearing a dress again because her uncle wanted to. The side of Trestan's lips rose but Blair did not see it because it was still a bit dark.

"Your bike?" Trestan asked.

"Uhm... I didn't bring my bike."

"Ah..." He nodded and looked at the seat behind his bike. "Sit here then." He pointed to the seat behind.

"I-I... There?" She pointed it out too. She could no longer understand how she felt at that time. Her heart raced and she almost jumped because of joy.

Trestan just nodded innocently so Blair sat there sideward then clung her right hand on the side of Trestan's navy blue polo. He was stunned by that simple gesture but immediately recovered and stepped on the pedal of his bike.

Blair and Trestan feel the morning breeze on their way somewhere.

"Where are we going?" Blair asked out of curiosity. She was imagining this before but unexpectedly it turns into reality.

Trestan didn't respond so she just zips her mouth because she doesn't want to ruin the good mood between them. It only happens once. Maybe this will be the first and the last so she should enjoy Trestan's company.

They arrived at San Lorenzo pier and Trestan parked his bike at the edge of the pier. Blair wondered why he brought her there.

"Why are we here?" She asked but Trestan just adjusted his bike and then sat on the concrete edge of the pier. Blair sat beside him and put her black bag on the other side.

"I want to watch the sunrise," Trestan explained while staring at the calm sea where the sun was starting to rise. The sun reflected in the water.

"Ah." Blair reacted to what he just said. "Well... I'm honored to be the one beside you watching the sunrise on Christmas day." She sweetly smiled and gave him a gaze but his eyes were still fixed on the sea.

She looked at the sea and inhaled to relax her mind. She even closed her eyes to feel the gentle wind coming from the sea. She could feel a little heat of the sun on her face.

When she opened her eyes, a red velvet box was in front of her and Trestan was holding it. She was stunned and glanced at him who was not looking at her.

"W-What is that for?" She asked. "A gift?" He didn't talk but he nodded. He felt a bit shy because it was his first time giving a gift to a... Girl.

She immediately received it and opened the red velvet box. A lovely bracelet. Ninamaid Silver Infinity Endless Love Bracelet.

She took it out from the box and handed it to Trestan who looked confused as to why she's giving it to him.

"Will you put it on me?" She asked while smiling at him.

His visible Adam's apple moved when he gulped then he took the bracelet on her hand and slowly put it on her right wrist.

"Did you just buy this bracelet? And uhm... Why did you give me a gift? Is it because I gave you a gift last night?"

"Actually," Trestan blushed. "I bought this three days ago and..." He thought of what he should say next. "And this is for Cally but uhm... It's too big for her so I decided to just give it to you."

Blair just nodded and felt a little bit of disappointment.

She thought it was really for her but it's not. Well, actually... Truth to be told, it is really for her. Trestan just doesn't know how to explain why he bought a gift for Blair in the first place. He couldn't understand his feelings.

"Hm... Maybe you just gave it to me because I gave a gift to you yesterday." She looked at the bracelet and it looks elegant on her as if it is really meant for her and not for Cally.

'No... It's not.' He no longer voiced out his thoughts.

They were about to leave because of the scorching heat of the sun when a dog suddenly appeared and bit Blair's bag before running away.

"Hey!" Blair runs after the dog who quickly runs away from them.

Trestan took his bike and followed them. Blair rides with him and they chase the dog with the bag which is very important to Blair. "That dog! Hey! Doggie! Give it back!"

They reached the yacht harbor where small and huge yachts were anchored. It was near the pier so they didn't go too far. They saw the dog entering a not so big yacht and Blair ran towards that yacht.

The dog dropped her bag on the floor and barked at her. It was as if he was telling something to her. She followed the dog until they got inside and she smelled an unpleasant odor inside the yacht.

A mixture of liquor, cigarettes, and something she could not determine. Unexpectedly, she saw a shocking scene inside. Blair's knees almost weakened and her eyes widened, after that, she screamed.

"Blair!? Blair! Blair!" Trestan got extremely worried because of her scream so he quickly entered the yacht to check on Blair. When Trestan saw what she saw, "Holysh*t." He cursed.