CHAPTER 22 - THE FREE RIDE

Within two days, Ferran learned a lot about life in the forest and he also asked about the medicinal plants in their house.

Henry explained to him that Tata Carpio, the old man who was furious with the policemen and authorities for unknown reasons, likes to collect herbs that are effective in various diseases. Henry also said that even though he was angry with him because he was a policeman, he still treated him.

And after two days, he bid his goodbye to the people who treated him well. Hailey still did not want to let him go but he had to go back to town. People might be looking for him especially since he's out of reach for two weeks.

"You'll come back, right?" Hailey asked while her tears were running down her cheek. In that little span of time, the little kid became very close to Ferran to the point that she doesn't want to let him go.

"Of course. I'll visit if I have time." Ferran assured her.

"Bye-bye." Hailey waved her little hand while Ferran was leaving the mountain.

When he got back to where his car was parked, it was nowhere to be found.

"Sh*t. Where is it?"

He walked until he reached the road where vehicles rarely pass. He thought he was lucky when he saw an oncoming vehicle but unfortunately, he's not. The one who was riding the car was the old Alfarez.

At first, he was ignored but unexpectedly, the car returned and stopped in front of him, which surprised him.

Old Alfarez got out of his car and walked towards him. His face was still shocked when he was looking at him. "Am... Am I seeing a ghost?"

Ferran frowned when he heard his question. "W-What are you saying?"

"And... a ghost was talking to me. F*ck! F*ck!" He immediately returned to his car and was about to go when Ferran blocked the front of Alfarez's car.

His side where he got shot was hit by the hood of the car. It is not fully healed so he felt a little pain.

"Damn it! F*cking sh*t! Damn you, Alfarez!" He's in pain but almost laughed at the thought of cursing himself. He felt a hand helping him to stand.

"I... I can touch you. Damn. You're not a ghost."

"Of course, you can. I'm not a dead person."

"The whole station has been rumored about you. They... They thought you were dead and Sanchez blamed himself because he should have accompanied you." Old Alfarez explained as he helped him stand up.

"The f*ck!? That's bullsh*t!"

"Even me. I was worried." Old Alfarez whispered that only he could hear. "You need to rest. Hop in but it doesn't mean we're friends... Again."

Ferran stilled when he heard it. For a moment he wondered where all their fight had started before he got in the car. He almost laughed at the thought of where it all began.

All he remembers is that he just woke up one day when he and Ferran were at war.

Ferran thought they would arrive at the station but he found himself in front of his bungalow house.

"Get out."

All of a sudden, old Alfarez changed his mood. He wanted to laugh hard but restrained himself to prevent him from being embarrassed.

He doesn't thank the old Alfarez 'coz he knew that even the real Ferran wouldn't do that. He just let them stay what they were before. He knows the real cause of all this sh*t but he doesn't want to interfere with Ferran in his decision to fight against him because somehow he respects him.