CHAPTER 60 - THE CHURCH

Blair doesn't know where to go. She doesn't have a relative other than her uncle Simeon. A memory popped into her mind while riding her bike.

***

"If you feel that you're alone and no one will be there to comfort you or listen to your problems, just talk to God." Her dad said while caressing her hair.

"Why do I need to talk to Him? We can't see or hear him, dad."

"But you can feel that He is beside you and with you. In other words, His presence is there if you let Him enter your heart and soul."

"Okay."

***

She went to the church and parked her bike near the front door. When she enters the quiet church with yellowish surroundings, she finds peace. There are some people silently praying.

She knelt at the seventh row and closed her eyes.

'Lord, I have a problem. I'm sorry if I'm a sinner who just talks to you if I have trouble in life. I don't know what to do Lord, please... Please help and guide me. I don't know what's going on with my life.' She talked to God in her mind. 'Am I really that bad to experience all of this pain? Please... I need peace.'

A young man who just opened his eyes from praying was interrupted when he noticed Blair praying while sobbing. Her tears fell and he felt pity for her even though he doesn't know what she is going through right now.

When Blair opened her eyes and sat on the wooden chair of the church the young man, Trestan, talked in a low voice behind her.

"No matter what you are going through right now, always trust in the Lord that you will overcome that, because God will not give you a test that you cannot pass. Just believe and you can conquer every battle in your life."

Trestan's words penetrated her heart and for a second, she stayed still and savored every word from him.

After a moment of silence, her head turned to look at the young man with a familiar voice. He's walking toward the exit so Blair quietly and carefully follows him.

"Hey, wait up!" She tried to catch his attention and Trestan stopped walking and turned around to face her. They are three meters apart. Trestan just stared at her and waited for her to talk. "I just... I just want to say thank you."

Trestan just gave her a blank expression then after a while, he took his bike and left her but Blair immediately took her bike and followed him. "Can I bike with you?"

Trestan didn't say either yes or no so she chose to go home with him especially since she's a young lady. It is really dangerous to go outside without someone with you. There she realized that thought when she saw Trestan.

She remembered that she nearly became a rape victim if SPO2 Alfarez didn't save her.

Trestan noticed on their way home that there's a strange van following them from church to where they are now.

"Blair."

"Hm? You talk to me." She always reacts like that every time Trestan will talk to her.

"Tss." Trestan wanted to roll his eyes because of annoyance when Blair noticed that he talked to her first. "A van following us---"

"You noticed it too?"

"Yeah."

"There's an alley nearby, a way where one of my close friends lives."

"Take the lead then and I will follow," Trestan said, acting normally while still watching the van.

"Hurry." She said and they sped up the pace of their bikes then turned to an alley where the van can't follow them. They stopped in front of a house.