CHAPTER 99 - THE MEETING PLACE

Start from the beginning

"He's my partner, my friend. I can't leave him alone."

"But it's dangerous!"

"Wait for ten minutes. Leave if we can't make it."

"Ferran!" Alfarez shouted. "Damn that arrogant man!" They proceeded to the parking lot and stayed inside the car.

"Doctor, doctor." Dylan pulled the hem of Zyrille's shirt. "Did you see my dad? The officer said, he's busy. Where is he?"

"He's..." Zyrille couldn't tell him because she doesn't know where the doctor is. She can't contact him. "I... I'll tell you later. Don't worry."

"Okay."

+++

"Sanchez!" Ferran ran after him. 'What are you thinking, Sanchez?'

He saw him approaching Julsen who had someone on his back. It's his granny.

"K-Kuya!"

"Let me carry her."

'Kuya? They... They were siblings? How...' Ferran was surprised.

"Children..."

"Granny, we will get you out here." Rouvie started crying while putting his grandmother on her back.

"Stay put, Granny. Please..." Julsen tried to stop his tears from falling.

Ferran heard everything. Sanchez is connected with Beltran and Granny all along. He protected them from the infected people around. The hospital's alarm rang throughout the whole area. There was a forced shut down and the exits will be blocked.

"No... you have to let me go. It's about time—"

"No! We can't leave you here! I can't!" Julsen wailed like a child.

"Shh... I know but listen to me, son. I'll be a burden to you. Leave... I don't want you to see me dying."

"Damn it... We... We love you, Granny. We always do. Thank you for taking care of us."

"I love you both." She tried to stay still. They put her on the empty side.

"The doors started to shut. Hurry!" Ferran informed them.

"No! No! We can't leave her! No!"

"Damn Julsen! We can do nothing! We must leave." Rouvie needed to be strong because he knew that Julsen can't handle the emotion. Granny is the most important person for the both of them and it hurts to leave her alone, dying.

When they got in the parking lot, Julsen punched his brother straight to his face.

"F*ck you! F*ck you! How could you?! You motherf*cking sh*t! You heartless jerk!" Julsen was in rage and Rouvie just let him attack. He wasn't dodging his punches.

"Stop this sh*t, you idiots!" Ferran tried to stop them but unfortunately, he just received a hard punch that made him dizzy for a while.

Julsen went to his car and was about to go but Rouvie begged Ferran to go after his brother. He might do something stupid.

Ferran granted his request and pulled Julsen from the driver's seat. He put him in the passenger seat and he's the one who drove the car.

"I think we should go. It's been fifteen minutes since he left." Zyrille looked at her wristwatch and outside the window.

"Let's wait for another—Damn!" One of the cars not so far from where they were exploded. Alfarez immediately started the engine and left the place.

'F*ck you, Ferran. You'll not die easily, right? I hope so.'