CHAPTER 84 - THE EFFORT

Comenzar desde el principio

"Uhm... Coach. I'll just excuse myself."

"But..." The coach's eyes turned to Trestan's hand which was holding Blair's. "Ah yeah. Go ahead. Enjoy the day mister MVP."

"Thanks, coach."

"Are you going on a date?" One of his teammates asked with a teasing look. Blair blushed and was about to pull her hands in Trestan's grip but he held her tightly.

"Blair, if you don't like Trestan, you can go with me." The other one said that made Trestan glared at him. "Easy man. I'm just kidding." They all laughed but Trestan chose to ignore them.

They went to every booth they had passed. There was a wedding booth and lots of students were watching every wedding. Blair stopped and looked at the couple currently joining a wedding booth.

"Aw... They're so sweet." Then she remembered the sweetness of her Kuya Asyl and Ate Kyla. They married before Asyl died. She's one of the witnesses of the last part of their love story.

"You wanna try?" Trestan asked without hesitation and looked at her.

"Wh-What?" Blair couldn't believe that he would ask her that. It is so unlike him.

"If you don't, it's fine." He sounds disheartened that made Blair laugh a little.

"I want it. Let's go."

Trestan pulled her into the registration area of the wedding booth. The audience doubled as Blair walked into the mini aisle. Her heartbeat runs faster than usual while looking at Trestan who's waiting for her at the student-made altar.

The short ceremony began and the acting judge in the wedding booth gave them a fake ring but Trestan did not take it, instead he took something in his pocket.

"Ooohhh!"

"Trestan! You're so sweet."

"Wah! Trestan, please marry me too." Blair looked for the girl who shouted those words. People around pointed at the lady. Blair gave her a sharp look that made her exit. Everyone laughed at that little scenario.

"Don't make Blair mad, guys!" One of Blair's classmates said.

"Is he going to propose?"

The students around were shouting and yelling so more and more people were watching them. Everything is going smoothly and interesting.

"These are promise rings. I don't know how to court you so I'll just ask if uhm... Will you be my girlfriend?" Blair's eyes widened.

"Trestan..."

"Uhm..." Trestan felt nervous because Blair might reject him. "Is it a yes or no?" He gulped.

"Yes." She smiled. "The relationship should be prolonged, not courtship." She accepted the promise ring Trestan was giving to her.

"You may kiss the bride." The judge announced. Almost everyone stopped breathing for a second and waited for Trestan's next move. He kissed her on the tip of Blair's pointed nose.

"You planned this." Blair guessed while they were walking and eating ice cream.

"Well, yeah."

"I'm surprised."

"It's embarrassing because you always make the first move."

"Hm? I thought you didn't notice that? Haha."

"I'm not numb if it was what you're thinking. I'm not just used to a relationship like this. Maybe you'll get bored---"

"Don't say that. Tss. I've always passed by to your house just to see you for the past two years." She confessed.

"As I've thought." Trestan chuckled and looked at Blair's wrist where he put the bracelet last Christmas. "Where's the bracelet I gave you?"

"Ah. That. I dropped it in my uncle's car this morning. I can't find it and I'm going to be late. I might not be able to watch your game if I was still looking for it. Promise I will really look for that."

"Tss." He looked away and seemed disappointed.

"Are you mad?"

"Nope." But it was obvious in his voice.

"You're mad." She stated. "You don't have to be mad at me because that bracelet is not for me in the first place." She finished eating her ice cream and thought of the feeling she felt when she received the bracelet.

"What if I tell you that it's really for you?"

"I don't believe you."

"I'm not stupid to buy a bracelet that is too big for Cally, you know?"

"Well, you have the point but you don't have to lie to me."

"Tss."

They almost walked around the entire university but they stopped when someone screamed inside a room. They immediately ran toward a room where they heard the scream.

"Hey, what---" Trestan was shocked to see a man hanging.

"Crap!" Blair screamed too when she recognized the male student. "D-Darren."