CHAPTER 77 - THE BEST GIFT

Start from the beginning

"Blair, don't you want me to be your brother?" She just nodded, sat on the bed, leaned on the headboard and hugged her legs.

"But I want you to be my sister. Well, I have really been your brother since you were born into this world and you can do nothing but accept the fact that I am your brother."

"Then why do you court me? For what? Almost two years? For a show?" She asked, confused.

"I was just teasing you," He smirked at her and he even managed to joke.

"That's bullsh*t."

"I'm courting you not as a lover but to be my best friend. You know? Brother and sister friendship."

"You're crazy." She rolled her eyes and little by little she became comfortable talking to him.

"And I want to be close to you---"

"But you made me always want to push you away, to stay away from you." Her brat side came out again.

"That's fine, though."

"Did... father know about you?" She was confirming something, and became so nervous.

"Yes."

"My mom?"

"Nope." She felt disappointed.

"So dad hid it from us. It's so---"

"Don't be mad at dad." Reevecus sighed heavily because he doesn't want Blair to resent their deceased father. "Look... He should not have known but uncle slipped on him." He shook his head and slightly laughed at that thought.

"Uncle? Uncle Simeon!?" Blair breathed out a lot of air, trying to calm herself. " All this time, he knew about your connection to our family!? Ugh!" She tweaked herself.

'Traitor!' She shouted in her mind while thinking of his uncle.

"Explain everything!"

"Don't shout," Reevecus said to his half-sister, who demanded an explanation. "Like what I've said earlier, my mom and your dad were couples. My mom chose Mr. Leviste over my dad and your dad or should I say 'our' dad?" Blair just rolled her eyes at him because of his jumbled explanation.

"Well, they are not meant so our father met your mom and he gave you a happy and complete family." Sadness can be heard in the tone of Reevecus's voice. "Despite that, I am still grateful to mom because she did not choose dad so you came to this world." She blushed after hearing those words from her half-brother.

They stayed silent for a while and Blair heavily sighed. She made up her decisions. She should be rational.

'This is not his fault, not our fault, that we are siblings.'

Reevecus turned his back on her and Blair stared at his back. She suddenly made a surprising action.

Blair gave her half-brother a warm back hug, and her chin rested on his shoulder. Reevecus froze a bit and his heartbeat raced. He couldn't expect it from Blair, and thought that it would give him a hard time before he could get into his sister's good side.

Knowing Blair, she's a brat and they started in a not so good relationship.

"Kuya..." She became emotional and so did Reevecus, whose tears fell because of great joy.

'She called me, Kuya!'

Kyla took a picture of them and smiled at the picture. She was looking at her phone before knocking at the opened door to catch their attention.

"Want some pizza?" She asked. The siblings looked at each other and then nodded before leaving the guest room.

"This is a wish come true. The two most beautiful ladies in my life are with me." Kyla and Blair smiled at each other. "Thank you for accepting me." He looked at his half-sister. Blair just smiled.

It's ten o'clock in the evening and they are currently watching a movie in the movie room. The room has eight sofa beds and they are lying down while watching a movie. Reevecus and Kyla are cuddling while Blair is on the other side, eating popcorn.

'They're sweet.'

Their sweetness is not obscene to look at. Not like the other young people in a relationship that didn't care about their surroundings. As long as they can do what they want even if it's not pleasant to look at.

The movie ended and Blair was about to choose another movie when the door opened. They all looked at the lady in red.

"Mom," Reevecus stood up and Kyla felt embarrassed and moved away from her boyfriend. Blair noticed the tension inside the room. The lady in red looks familiar to Blair. It seems like she saw her somewhere.

"Your girlfriend is here?" His mother asked the obvious. "She would not have bothered to come." She said and rolled her eyes.

She was against their relationship since Kyla chose to become a soldier. She does not want such a profession for Reevecus or his future wife.

Mrs. Veronica Leviste looked at Blair, "And this one." She pointed her finger to her and looked at her with disgust. "Why is she here? Did she know about you?"

"Mom, I invited her. Besides, it's my day so don't make a scene." Reevecus is not so close to his mom because she has a nasty attitude that he never liked.

"But she is not welcome here." She said and Blair felt ashamed to be there.

"No, mom! They are always welcome at my house." He emphasized the word 'my'.

"You're giving me a headache. By the way, my gift is in your garage. Just check it if you have time. Happy Birthday, son." She glanced at the two young ladies before leaving.

Blair looked at Reevecus with sadness in her eyes. "I think you need some privacy to talk. I'll leave you then." Blair was about to leave the room when Reevecus held her arm gently.

"Don't leave my house. I will talk to you later." He said and Blair just nodded. She closed the door before leaving the two.

"Hey," Reevecus sat beside his girlfriend who became silent after his mother came. "Don't mind what my mom said. I love you and mom can't break us apart. I promise." He kissed her temple.

"It's fine. Really." She smiled but didn't reach her eyes. "I'm used to aunt's treatment since I started to work in the military."

"I'm sorry, babe." He snaked his arms around her waist.

"You don't have to." They stayed there for a while until Kyla fell asleep in his arms. Reevecus smiled while looking at his girlfriend. He kissed her forehead before he carried her to his room.

Reevecus left Kyla in his room and searched for Blair. He asked one of the maids and he found out that Blair was on the side of the swimming pool.

Blair sat beside the swimming pool and her feet to the bottom of the knee were submerged in water. She was thinking deeply but her thoughts disappeared when she felt Reevecus's presence.

"What do you think? Did dad really love my mom or she's just a replacement since your mom broke up with him?" She asked. Reevecus looked at her but Blair was looking at the sky. No moon or stars can be seen in the sky.

"Don't doubt him. He loves your mom... so much."