CHAPTER 43 - THE RALLY

Start from the beginning

"Promise I won't do anything stupid. Just put the gun down." Ferran sighed in relief when Sanchez followed.

"Don't do anything stupid." Sanchez glared at him.

Ferran stood up from kneeling in front of the television and sat on the sofa. He opened the beer in the can and drank it straight. He sighed in defeat and decided to tell Sanchez the truth.

Sanchez sat on the other side of the sofa facing him, waiting for his explanation.

"I am Timotheus Alfarez from 2022. I died in an accident—"

"What? What? You're Timotheu—what the f*ck, man?"

"It's true. As I've said... I died and reincarnated two years back to change the future. I have a mission to accomplish." Ferran explained while staring at the empty can in his hand.

Sanchez laughed at him as if he couldn't believe what he just said.

"Don't joke around. I won't buy it." Sanchez glanced at him seriously.

Ferran chose to lean on the backrest of the sofa then looked at Sanchez straight to the eye. There's a moment of silence until Timotheus in Ferran's body spoke.

"Yes, you were right. I am not Simeon Ferran so---"

"Then where is he? Why are you in his body?" Sanchez asked, forcefully held the collar of Ferran's clothes and looked at him with sharp eyes. "What have you done to Simeon!? You killed him!?"

"What?! No! Man, get off me!" He slightly pushed Sanchez away from him. " I can't answer that 'coz even I... don't understand why I'm here, doing this. All I know is I have to make some changes for the future."

"Are you sure you didn't do something to Ferran?"

"I told you, I don't know what happened to him. Why can't you believe me?"

"'Coz you're an imposter."

"Okay. Fine. If that's what you want to believe. So be it." Ferran leaned on the sofa. There's a moment of silence and Sanchez is still processing everything.

"What future are you talking about?" Sanchez curiously asked and in a calm voice.

"A future where lots of people around the world die because of a disease called LiVi-20."

"What?"

"LiVi-20 is a disease worse than Lila Virus. According to the news, before I die, it's the returning virus that originated in the year 2020."

"That's insane but you mean, this epidemic will end?" He sounds hopeful.

"Probably," Ferran said while opening another can. "That pandemic crisis in the future is so sudden. No one knows that there will be such a crisis in the whole world."

"Whole world..." Sanchez mumbled. "So that's why you're here to change it?"

"Exactly! You got it." He answered and then drank the beer. "But I don't have an idea who's behind this sh*t and that's what I'm aiming for. To find the mastermind."

"Okay. Okay. Uhm... You're not Ferran but Alfarez from the future." Sanchez said, summarizing everything. "You reincarnated to change the future. You were supposed to keep it secret but you're too obvious so I made you confess. This is f*cking bullsh*t."

"Yeah... bullsh*t."

"You're in the hospital that time where Georgia Ramos died 'coz you know that she'll be killed?" Ferran nodded to what Sanchez stated. Little by little, Sanchez understood the sequence of events that happened in the past months.