Discussions

She peered into the empty room with a curious gaze. But once she finally realized a moment or two later that in fact, the room was empty, she quietly cursed her luck as quietly and ever so slowly closed the door. Glancing down the hall towards the dorm bathrooms, she supposed that her target could be within there. But she wasn't about to simply barge within there. So she'd wait. She had the time, no other pressing matters, and with Hipper confined to a dock, the base at the moment was largely peaceful. And so she in turn elected to lean back against the wall next to the door, hopeful that her random guess would payout.

She knew there was no guarantee it would though.

Of course, that was also to say she'd no idea of just how long Penn might be even if she was in there. For all she could know, the super dreadnought could have just entered the baths only minutes before she herself had arrived.

It was a waiting game of the worst kind.

But it was also all she had to go on. So that's exactly what she did as she offered the door another glance, hands tucked behind her as she leaned against the wall there. The building seemed to settle around her for a minute or two, but nothing too out of the ordinary seemed to occur or take her notice. Hell, she didn't even think any of the girls were actually in the dorm at the moment. Which prompted her own pause at that thought, that off chance that she was simply waiting there for something that would never come. Yes, there was a chance that Pennsylvania was within the dorm bathrooms. But there was also just as great a chance that she was not.

But Sofia did not see her as the kind of person to simply walk into there and ask that the two of them have a chat. And even more than that, she highly doubted that the woman herself would exactly be a fan of that approach either. And especially not after the day's earlier events. Hell, she wasn't even really sure of just what mood she'd find the woman in. She hoped that it was one that the Captain could work with, but she was more than likely resigned to the fact that Pennsylvania was likely to be in one of those moods.

She shook her head somewhat as she pulled herself up and off of the wall, crossing her arms as she slowly paced back and forth between one wall and back to the other. Even if Penn was inside, the Captain couldn't wait forever. Ten minutes would be her max, and if it didn't happen like she wanted it to, she'd have to try again at a later in the day. She knew the Dreadnought however wasn't slated for a sortie until the next day, so it wasn't going to be that much of an issue trying to get a hold of her.

Or at least, in theory it wouldn't be.

She shook her head yet again as she glanced once more towards the bathroom door. And following that, turned her gaze back onto that of the front door of the dorm building. She watched it for a moment, half expecting someone to come through, hopefully her query if she were to be so lucky. But when no one made themselves known, coming through or otherwise, she shook her head as she turned her gaze back onto that of the bathroom door.

And proceeded to meet gazes with that of Salem.

That brief moment of surprise jolted through Sofia's body to the point where Salem watched her entire body stop seemingly all at once, limbs briefly moving on their own for one singular second. And then Sofia's brain caught up to her body and the woman offered a heavy huff as she stepped away from the Heavy cruiser, a broad mix of agitation and fading surprise being written along her features. Adjusting herself before the heavy cruiser, she turned her full attention on her this time.

"Salem." She greeted.

"Captain." Salem returned the gesture.

"I don't appreciate that." Sofia told her.

"My apologies." Salem answered.

Sofia studied the heavy cruiser for a moment or two, Salem no doubt doing the same to her. Sparing another glance down the hall at the bathroom door, she turned it back onto the cruiser. "So where did you come from?" She asked. "The Baths?" She asked. Salem shook her head.