Under The Mercy Of Ice

It was the sound of someone landing on the flightdeck that garnered her attention, the light footfalls of one so unfitting of them that prompted her to pause her thoughts as she in turn addressed her sudden but all to expected visitor. She waited a moment for her to draw closer, waited for her to approach her before she eventually turned, arms crossed across her chest as she stood in the midst of the setting sun. "Indian." She greeted, one word more than suiting her for the moment. The Queen in question eyed the woman a moment before taking a glance around them, the Queen's nose crinkling as she took a proper look at what had held so much of the Pacific Queen's attention as of late.

"Are these them? The so called project you've been wasting away your supplies on?" The Queen questioned as she glanced over the lot of them, the six newly risen ships sailing along with one another.

"Hardly a waste." Pacific offered.

"Hardly a boon." Indian returned.

"Do you know why they're beneficial?" Pacific questioned, glancing in the direction of the Queen.

"I know what they aren't." Indian replied airily, watching the flightdeck in front of her as she approached. "Their carriers we tore through at the start of this war were thrice this size and better armored. I assume you at the very least made some changes at that front? So that these relics are at the very least not a hindrance?" She questioned, the Brute Queen turning to address Pacific fully. "Because if your answer comes out to be negative, I hesitate to even try and think what you're considering here." She told her. When Pacific nodded her confirmation that she had indeed gone through with modifications from what they'd been originally, Indian felt more inclined to listen. "Then by all means. Regale me with stories of how they're beneficial. Perhaps something in that line of thought will keep me from continuing down my line of thought of how this entire endeavor was a mistake on your part."

"They represent an avenue of human history, one of the more darker variants, that some would rather forget what they witnessed and learned. And then there are those that would never see something like them return to the land of the living." Pacific informed her as she walked along the deck, towards the aft of the ship. Indian only arched a brow at that before nodding somewhat.

"I assume you mean when we were originally meant to wage this war. Not during a time when Humanity at large knew peace, but when the skies, the seas, and even their lands burned at their own hand." She reasoned. Pacific nodded.

"Their Second World War." She confirmed.

"An apt name." Indian agreed.

"It was. And these six." Pacific offered with a wide gesture. "Represent some of the worst days of that age. Their sinking was heralded as a victory that could've challenged the gods themselves with the way they were seen. And now, Humanity with their all orbital sight, can see all but the smallest insect. What do you think their reaction will be upon seeing these six back once more? Sailing the very oceans that they ruled oh so long ago?" She asked. Indian only chuckled at that, now getting the larger picture.

"These aren't meant as a means to an end. These are meant as a morale breaker. Meant to haunt them with echoes of the past, reignite feuds and gambits thought long forgotten." She surmised, crossing her arms. "I will admit. Their use is rapidly mounting from where I held it. You've won this one I will concede." She admitted. Pacific simply offered a smile, her internal level of smug more than sufficient. Not that proving Indian was wrong, but it was rare when the Queen so openly admitted it. Especially to her.

"Correct. But enough of that. This is your operation. Why ask me all the way down to your territory?" Pacific questioned. Indian nodded at that as she took a moment to look out over the other four on that side, watching as they sailed along.