|chapter•thirty•seven|

A heavy sigh escaped past (M/n)'s lips as he sat down on the small balcony of his treehouse, his feet dangling off the edge as he hadn't put the ladder down yet.

After finally falling asleep, a nightmare woke him up. He wasn't sure what it was about, all he could gather from it was the way his body felt. He was shivering, covered in goosebumps, sweating and with an intense feeling of fright.

Even if he wanted to, he couldn't go back to sleep, not after that. So he decided to simply wait until everyone else started waking up, there was stuff bothering him and he wanted to think about it. Besides, Gally and he still had a pending conversation from the day before.

Time passed as he remained sat on the balcony, staring off into the distance, and maybe an hour or two went by when he heard his name being called.

"(M/n)," he looked down and saw Gally standing there, looking up at him with a concerned look in his eyes, "Are you alright?"

There was no point in denying it, Gally wasn't blind, he could see he wasn't alright but he was still asking, just to make sure he wasn't being too invasive. (M/n) shook his head and stood up, "I had a nightmare."

"Again?" (M/n) grabbed the ladder and started lowering it to the ground, thanking Gally for helping him.

"Yeah... But I don't remember what it was," he signalled with his head at Gally to come up the stairs, which he did. (M/n) waited until they were both up on the balcony before sitting on the floor again, leaving space for Gally to sit next to him.

Neither of them said anything, and the silence had become slightly tense, but not uncomfortable, they were both thinking about what they should say during this situation.

"So..." (M/n) started, mumbling as he fiddled with his fingers, "That's Thomas, eh?"

Gally turned to look at him, and slowly nodded, "Seems like it, bean."

(M/n) let out a humourless chuckle as he shook his head in disbelief, almost finding the situation comical, "Well, that only makes things more confusing, and makes no shucking sense."

"Certainly does."

Everything went quiet again, the faint sound of the rest of the guys waking up was the only thing they could hear, well, that, and Bark's quiet snores, but it worked to get (M/n) lost in thought again.

"What do you... Remember about him?" Gally asked him after some time of debating, there was a possibility that (M/n) just remembered his name and nothing else about the greenie, but he wanted to know.

(M/n) thought about the question for a moment, before turning to look at the blond, he was playing with his fingers the same way he had just a little bit ago, his head tilted down and his jaw clenching every couple of seconds.

"He was... Determined to hurt you, and I don't know why, big guy," Gally scoffed with a grin that didn't reach his eyes.

"Then we have the same memories of him," (M/n) reached his hand out and slowly rubbed Gally's shoulder, "I always wondered what some of my scars were from, I simply figured I was an active kid, once upon a time..."

For a moment, he wondered which scars Gally was referring to as he hadn't really noticed that many on him anyway, and the ones that he noticed were from working as a Builder. However, he wasn't sure if he should ask.

"So... What do we do now?" He slouched over, placing his elbows on his legs and interlocking his hands together, wearing a subtle frown as he looked at Gally.

"We keep him in check, it's the only thing we can do," Gally said as he looked up and held eye contact with (M/n).

He nodded in agreement, even though he felt like there was something he could do besides watching over Thomas and his behaviour, he just didn't know what they could do about everything, even less in a situation like the one they were in.