|chapter•five|

[I completely forgot there was a builder named peter 💀 well, this is my fic, so I made him a slopper instead lol]

"Greenie! Wake up!"

The sound of Zart's voice outside his room made him shift around on his bed, blinking his eyes as he woke up and slowly started to sit up. Yawning and stretching, he realized that he had a nice night of sleep, despite what had happened the day prior.

It felt like he may actually have friends that care about him and completely ignore what everyone said he was, because they knew him better than them after all. They... Didn't mind it and they rather accepted the way he decided he wanted to be, not many could say they have that kind of relationship with their friends.

(M/n) was brought out of his thoughts about having nice friends when he heard someone else groaning within the four wooden walls he was in, and seeing who it was made him remember that he had asked Gally if he wanted to stay the night, and he had been sleeping on the floor next to him, who had his thin mattress on the floor as well, he liked it better that way.

Also meant they could share his bedsheet to stay somewhat warm during the chill nights in the Glade.

He watched with curious eyes as Gally stood up in complete silence and walked the few steps of distance toward the door, opening it and bending at his neck to avoid bumping his forehead on the doorframe like he had done countless times for the years he had spent there, just seemingly growing endlessly.

From his spot on the ground, Zart watched with confused and conflicted eyes, observing how Gally walked on the small balcony to reach for the ladder, lowering it back to the ground, and tying the top ends to the wooden railing it had. And behind him, was the greenie, who closed the door behind him while rubbing his face.

Gally stepped down the ladder and waited for the (h/c) haired greenie to do the same as well, making sure he didn't trip on his way down.

Zart stayed silent, just staring at them. He wouldn't have guessed that Gally and the greenie were such good friends, in so little time. The stupor he felt almost made him forget what he wanted to say.

"Uh... Breakfast is ready and... You'll be working with the Track-hoes today, greenie," humming and nodding in response, he started walking toward the bathroom, pretty sure he won't be eating anything anyway so he was gonna brush his teeth. For some reason, Gally followed him.

With his eyes closing on their own, he brushed his teeth without his brush, washed his face, and pushed his hair back with his wet hands. He was feeling like taking a shower soon, he just... Had to be alone and have a guard dog guarding the showers for that.

Next to him, Gally also washed his face and groaned as he messed with his blond hair, gripping it and groaning a bit.

"Need help with that, big guy?" Gally turned to look at him, smiling at the sight of his messy (h/c) hair, and he shrugged.

"Just need a haircut," (M/n) hummed and turned to walk out of the bathrooms, hearing Gally follow after him as they made their way to the dining area.

"I might be able to help with that."

Already standing in line for breakfast, (M/n) went into the kitchen and found fruit in a bowl. Fry just stared at him, but he felt glad that he was eating something, at least.

He came up to see a frowning Gally, waiting aside for him to come back, "Really? You know how to cut hair?"

He tilted his head to the side and shrugged, "I'm pretty sure all of you just... Shave it off when it's too long, so I'm gonna say yes, I know how."