|chapter•ten|

(M/n) was growing tired of these dreams, and they kept getting more vivid every day, even so, there wasn't much he could remember after waking up, but his feelings were very much real, and too intense.

He was just hoping not to snap at anyone that had nothing to do with him being mad.

Staying still and taking deep breaths, he laid back on his bed, staring at the ceiling and his mind wandered to the first few days he was around, working together with Gally and the rest of the Builders to make this place for him to live.

It was weird to think that he had been around for two weeks, it... Didn't feel like it.

Especially when he thought about Gally and his-

With wide eyes he sat up, shaking his head in an attempt to erase the idea of having feelings for Gally. Not that there was anything wrong with liking Gally but... There was something he couldn't understand. Even if he felt his tummy tingling every time he thought of Gally, the possibility of him liking him back didn't bring him joy, or made him feel overwhelmed, it was something that made him wonder if he could be good enough for Gally...

"This is stupid," he mumbled to himself and decided to stand up, he looked out the window and saw just the slightest bit of sunshine lighting up the Glade. (M/n) yawned and grabbed his bag, he just had to go get his water and wait for the doors to open. Easy.

///////

"Why is it so shucking hot?" Minho complained as he stopped jogging, taking his water bottle to drink from it, and (M/n) doing the same. For some reason, the weather had gotten worse as the hours passed, and now with the sun at its highest spot, as it hit afternoon, they felt like they were roasting alive.

"Has it ever been this hot before?" (M/n) saw Minho gulping his water down, and he was afraid that they might run out before making it back to the Glade.

Minho groaned, feeling his thirst just slightly satisfied, "Yeah, but it's a gradual build-up, today is just hot for no shucking reason," he looked down at his half-empty bottle, before staring at (M/n), "We should head back, we might end up getting heat stroke, come on."

The way back to the Glade wasn't any easier, they had decided on walking instead of running and were holding their bags over their head to try and block the direct sunlight. They walked in complete silence, taking the occasional gulp of water, trying to make it last until they made it out of the Maze.

And maybe an hour or so, they arrived, accepting gladly how the temperature appeared to lower now that they weren't surrounded by concrete and stone. This time, Gally wasn't around to give him snacks, probably because he wasn't expecting him to be back just yet, well, not like he minded, the thought of seeing the tall blond made him feel a little bit anxious.

"I'm gonna help the others with the Map," Minho announced right before heading to the map room, but stopping as he turned toward the Homestead, "I need some cool water first," (M/n) laughed and nodded, following after him to do the same.

With a glass of cold water in hand, he walked back outside, lifting his hand to his hair and pushing it back, holding it there, away from his face as he drank. He took a few, slow steps in the direction of the arrangement of hammocks, when he heard the voices of Peter and Jason.

"That shucking greenie would be nothing if it wasn't for Gally... He's always there to defend that," (M/n)'s jaw clenched, and he leaned over the corner slightly, seeing them folding laundry. Well, Jason seemed to be the one doing everything, seeing as Peter was laying on his hammock near him.

"Yeah, I bet he's trying to get in her pants," Jason added with a snort and Peter rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his water bottle.

"Well, who isn't?"