|chapter•twenty•five|

For hours (M/n) had tried to talk to Gally, only to be avoided and ignored by him, and he couldn't really be mad at his behaviour, he knew he messed up, and Gally just didn't want to hear his explanation.

Everyone who was friends with them noticed the longing in (M/n)'s eyes, and witnessed how the roles had pretty much reversed. Gally was more obvious when it came to it, he left the place or ignored him to keep talking to someone else, and other times he would simply be drawing something, immersed in his own little world. He wouldn't say a single word to (M/n).

It appeared to all foreign eyes that Gally didn't care. Except he did care.

Whenever (M/n) wasn't looking at him or was busy doing his work, Gally would be the one to stare longingly at him, feeling sad and hurt, but he would look away with a sigh.

No one knew what to do to ease the atmosphere and they wondered how bad their argument was to make (M/n) and Gally act like that toward each other.

"What the shuck did you do, (M/n)?" Mikah mumbled to himself, watching how the (h/c) haired male stayed frozen on his spot while watching Gally leave, a defeated expression painting his face as he messed with his hair, frustrated.

When night arrived, the situation was even worse than before. They were both sitting on the same table, and (M/n) kept trying to say something, but couldn't, moving his food around deep in thought. In the end, his appetite was gone, and he stood up from his chair, standing next to Gally and looking down at him, teary-eyed.

"I'm sorry, Gally..." And he left the room.

Gally watched over his shoulder as (M/n) left, and pushed his full plate aside, heading to his room in complete silence.

That night, (M/n) sat on his bed, with his lamp turned on and his journal resting on his lap. He looked at every page filled with his (writings/drawings), and all the photos he had taken, of the Glade and his friends. He saw the photo of his origami, the one he still had hung up on the wall. Bark's face. His treehouse. All the scenery shots of the Glade.

The pictures of Gally, all of them. When he was injured and fell asleep, while focused on his journal, busy doing his work, playing and messing around, and fighting others with a smile on his face.

He saw and remembered all the bonfires they had once a week, and even though they weren't as massive and crazy as the ones for the greenies, they were still pretty cool and worked to relax.

A few flowers he had seen around in the Deadheads. And they were mostly of dandelions. Pictures of the Maze, from on top of the Walls. The sun.

The one where Gally was lying on the grass, basking in the sunlight, eyes closed and a smile on his face. He had been talking to Gally during that moment, and he smiled the moment he heard (M/n)'s voice.

The close-up picture of Gally, staring off into the distance, the bright colour of his eyes mesmerizing him, the soft breeze moving his blond hair around. Sitting on the Watchtower usually gave (M/n) the best views of the Glade, but during that particular moment, Gally was the best view, the prettiest one he'd ever seen.

Each picture had something written about it, the day on the bottom white part and details of that day next to it or below it. It worked well to tell the stories of his stay in the Glade.

A smile grew on his face whenever he read something funny that had happened, the memory flashing in his mind. He felt nostalgic about all these memories, and when he had nothing more to see or read, he skipped to the last page of his journal. There, the whole page was littered with doodles Gally had done.

He had doodled on other pages as well, but the last one had the most of them, and (M/n) loved looking at them. Some were cute, others were funny-looking, but they were all Gally's, and that made (M/n) love every single one of them, even if they were just small drawings.