Chapter 64

"How much time do we have left, Mila?" Ethan asked as they took the elevator back up to the first floor.

'Not much,' Leia said.

"Not much," Mila told him.

"I thought not. You smell like a werewolf now," he said with a smile.

"Can I mind link now?" Mila asked, following Ethan out of the pack house and into the bright sunlight.

"No, you're not in a pack," he said, leading her out into the woods.

"I'm a rogue?" she asked in surprise.

"For now. But my dad is going to let you join the pack soon, so you won't be for long," Ethan told her.

She took a deep breath. Everything smelled pretty amazing. Intense, but Ethan was the main scent that kept her attention. She really felt the need to just stand there and sniff him. He smelled so good. Now she understood why he liked to bury his face in her neck.

She turned her attention to their surroundings. Everything was so clear, and sounds were.. she could hear water, and all sorts of weird sounds. She jumped at the sound of something moving to their left.

Ethan smiled. "It's just a rabbit, Mila."

"Doesn't it freak you out to be able to hear this well?" she asked, turning her head to another sound.

"No, but it's all I've ever known," he said, watching her.

'Mila, it's time,' Leia suddenly said.

"It's time," she told Ethan.

"Okay. I'll wait til you're shifted," he said patiently.

"Is it going to hurt?"

"Follow what Leia says. She's got you."

'Mate is right. It's best you give me control for this. It won't hurt,' Leia told her.

'How do I do that?' Mila asked.

'Visualize yourself stepping back,' Leia said.

Mila closed her eyes and did as requested. When she opened them, she immediately realized she wasn't in control and it completely freaked her out. 'I'm not sure how I feel about this.'

'Relax. It's just for a short time. And if you were to fight the shift, it will hurt. It's better that I'm in control,' Leia told her.

Mila took a few deep breaths. She could see Ethan standing there watching her, a concerned look on his face.

Leia began to remove her clothes and Ethan stepped forward and took them from her, placing them on a bench. He hadn't said a word.

Mila realized her wrist was completely healed which made her very happy. She felt no pain in it at all.

Leia walked up to Ethan, and Mila saw his eyes trail over her. Leia stopped and reached a hand up to cup his cheek. "Thank you for taking such good care of her, Mate."

"Always," he said softly.

She stepped back and shifted then, surprising Mila at how quickly it happened. She approached Ethan again and he ran his hands through her fur, lightly stroking her.

"Your such a beautiful wolf," he murmured.

After several long moments, he stepped back and began to remove his own clothes, while Leia sat back on her haunches, watching him.

Ethan shifted, and Mila got a look at his beautiful wolf for the second time ever. He walked up to her own and began to rub against her, lightly licking her and she returned the favor.