Chapter 25

She'd insisted on putting on makeup before they'd left and he'd stood in the bathroom with her, watching her and opening all sorts of things for her. When she was done, the bruises were covered, and she almost looked healed, except he could still see a bit of swelling and her lip was still busted.

He'd seen the bruises on her back. They'd been the one thing that had kept him focused away from the fact that she was topless. They irked him to no end. While they did need to find Owen, at the same time, if Ethan was left alone with him, Owen would never see the light of day again.

It was something else they were going to have to discuss. He needed to tell her that she'd been dating a rogue werewolf who was in huge trouble for harming not only a human, but also an Alpha Prince's mate. Something else he had yet to tell her, but that would come later. It wasn't a title he used, except when he had too. Like today, but he planned to turn Mila over to Noelle while he did the leadership transfer. He wouldn't care if she attended, but he'd rather not overwhelm her with that today as well. Not that he could keep it from her for long. She needed to know what she was fully getting herself into with him.

He pulled up in front of the pack house, and Mila stared out the window in awe, before turning back to him. "Are you sure it's okay that I'm here?"

"I'm currently the Alpha of this pack. Do you really think anyone is going to go against me?" He asked her with a raised eyebrow.

She smiled. "I guess not."

He got out of the car and came around to her. "Are you nervous?" He could feel she was even without her wearing his mark.

"Yes."

He took her small hand in his, helping her to relax. "You don't need to be."

She looked at him, took a small breath and nodded. "Let's do this."

"First things first, I'm going to take a shower." He needed one and a change of clothes. He didn't want to show up for this wearing the same thing he'd been wearing yesterday.

He brought her inside and she glanced around as he led her down a hall and opened the door to the room he'd been staying in. It was a nice guest room with a private bathroom.

"Is this where the Alpha stays?" Mila asked him, looking around the room.

"No. This is just a guest room. The Alpha Quarters are up on the top floor."

"Oh. How long have you been the Alpha?"

"Mmm, like a week and a half or something." He wasn't quite sure what day it had been.

"That's it?" she asked in surprise.

He turned to her, looking her over. She had the most beautiful eyes. "Yeah. That's it."

She was staring back at him now like she'd forgotten what they were talking about and he resisted the urge to kiss her. Then he wondered why he was. He leaned down and lightly brushed his lips against hers.

The tingles errupted from her lips and Ethan had to resist the urge to kiss her more. She had a busted lip and he wasn't quite sure if she'd welcome it. He needed to see how she reacted to their first kiss before he attempted a second.

She stared up at him, her lips parted, her beautiful amber eyes taking him in. "Wow," she whispered.

"Yeah," he agreed. "Let me go take a shower. Make yourself at home."

She nodded and moved away from him.

Ethan walked over to his bag and pulled out a change of clothes, then headed into the bathroom. He quickly stripped off his clothes. He was half aroused from that one small kiss. Wow had been right.