Chapter 42

Ethan laid there, holding Mila and staring across the room. He was starting to obsess over marking her. He'd had a hard time keeping his canines retracted when he was having sex with her, and it had annoyingly distracted him.

He thought about his grandfather and the fact that he'd waited a few months to mark his grandmother. Ethan had known Mila a little over a week. Why was he starting to obsess over it? 'What is wrong with us?'

'Mate almost rejected us,' Maverick said.

'So are we going to obsess about this until we mark her?' he asked his wolf.

'Don't know,' Maverick responded.'But need to mark Mate.'

Ethan sighed in exasperation. That was all he needed. He buried his face in her neck, taking in her scent. She smelled so good, and he could feel the need to mark her hit him hard, and he clenched his jaw. He breathed in and out slowly, feeling incredibly annoyed. He hated not being in control.

He closed his eyes and let his thoughts drift back to Mila and the sex he'd just had with her. He'd very much enjoyed it, enjoyed exploring her body. He loved all the little noises she'd made. Even now they were arousing, and the thought of waking her up to do it again crossed his mind, but he had a feeling she was too sore for that.

He knew it had caused her some pain, and that part he hadn't liked, but he also knew she'd gotten mostly pleasure from it.

His grip on her tightened a bit and she cuddled more into him. She was still naked and so was he. If he had his way, she'd sleep naked every night with him.

He finally drifted off to sleep.

***

Ethan woke the next morning, to Mila languidly tracing her fingers over his abs. She ran them down past his navel and stroked a finger down his V cut, stopping just above his cock. Her eyes were on his chest, and there was a bit of space between them, though their legs are intertwined.

He had one pushed up between hers, resting lightly against her core, and wondered if she was sore. He wanted her again.

She seemed lost in thought though, and he watched her quietly, as her hand brushed against him, causing him to breath in sharply at the tingles.

She looked up at him in surprise. "Oh! I.. uh.. sorry."

"You thinking?" He lightly rubbed her side.

"Yes, just about moving to Pennsylvania," she said.

"Do you not want to?"

"No, not that. I really want to; I'm thinking about packing and laundry and how few clothes I have." She laughed. "It's just the way I think." She looked up at him and smiled. "I'm yours, Ethan. Always."

He relaxed a bit at her words. Her hand was still on his lower abdomen, and he was turned on. He could easily see her breasts, which didn't seem to bother her at all. "How sore are you?"

Her gaze snapped up to his and she frowned. "I think I'm okay."

"Mila."

"I feel fine. I probably won't really know until you're in there. Why?" She smiled up at him. "Are you wanting sex again this morning?"

"You're the one touching me," he said, leaning his forehead against hers.

"That was an accident?"

He chuckled. "Which part?"

Her cheeks turned bright red, and she closed her eyes. "Sorry."

"No. You don't need to be sorry, Mila. You're free to touch all you want." He kissed her nose.