Chapter 46

How is it?

It was the next day, and Ethan, Mila, Isaac and Riley were all at the mall. The girls were wandering through the stores, looking for clothes to buy while Ethan and Isaac followed behind them, talking to each other through mind link and keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

How's what? Ethan's gaze was on Mila as she walked along next to Riley in front of him. He'd talked her into letting him spend the money on her today, which hadn't been easy. She'd complained that he'd already bought her a plant, an expensive plant at that, that she absolutely loved. He'd told her if she didn't let him buy what she needed, he wouldn't have sex with her again until she was a werewolf. She'd smirked at that and reminded him that his threat was punishment for both of them and he'd had to grudgingly agree. It annoyed him that she was right. There was no way he was going that long without mating her.

It had taken some major convincing on his part, but she'd finally agreed to it. She'd already tried to put some stuff back at one store, but he'd grabbed what she'd wanted and put the items back on the counter and told the clerk to ring them up. She'd glared at him the entire time. She was so stubborn, but he could be more stubborn. She needed the things. She had practically nothing.

"Why won't you let me do this?" he asked.

"Because it's a lot of money, Ethan. I don't want you to think I'm a gold digger," she said, annoyed.

His gaze had met Isaac who was smirking at him from several feet away. Riley couldn't hear their conversation but Isaac plainly could.

"As much of a fight as you put up, you think I think that?" he asked her, studying her beautiful face.

"I don't know," she admitted. "I don't know what you think."

He'd wrapped an arm around her. "I think you're beautiful. Especially when you're annoyed."

"You're weird," she'd muttered causing him to laugh.

Now he just needed Riley to take her into a lingerie store. He knew Mila only had a few pairs of underwear and two bras. He'd been dressing her for the last week. But the one they'd passed, Riley had tried to drag her in, but she'd vehemently refused. He'd smirked at that. Now Riley was the one battling her. Mila was very stubborn.

Sex with your mate. Isaac linked him back, interrupting his thoughts.

Way better than I thought it was going to be. The tingles heighten it in a way I didn't realize. You can feel them everywhere. He gave Isaac a meaningful look.

Like when you're inside her? Isaac looked intrigued.

Oh yeah. Ethan smirked at him. He'd had her again this morning. He couldn't stay away. Once he'd had that taste, he wanted more. She was his own personal drug.

Sex with Athena was amazing.

Ethan glanced at Isaac. It would have been one thing if he'd marked Athena, but he hadn't. They didn't share that bond that Isaac would have with his mate. It'll be different with Riley. I mean granted, I never had any connection with another woman like I have with Mila, but still.. His experience was limited but it had always mostly just been for himself, and not with a woman he had any sort of relationship with.

He and Isaac had gone out together looking for women before Isaac had gone to Greece. They'd had one last fling, and had attracted the attention of a beautiful dark haired woman who decided she wanted them both. That had been a night to remember and the last time he'd had sex before Mila. They'd ended up in a hotel room, both of them in bed with her, and she'd been very insatiable. It was the only time they'd both been with the same woman, and Ethan had really enjoyed it. He knew Isaac had as well.

I guess I'll have to find out.

I'm surprised you haven't had sex with her already, Ethan commented, though really he wasn't. Isaac had just gone through a bad breakup, though meeting Riley would have tremendously helped with that. But, at the same time, Riley knew what she was getting herself into. She'd wanted a mate. Watching her sisters with their mates had made her want one.

Well given what I know about Mila, I'm surprised you have.

Ethan rolled his eyes at his brother and Isaac smirked. You're just jealous that I'm getting laid and you're not.

Maybe. I'm a little nervous too after what happened with Athena, he admitted.

I can't blame you either, but Riley doesn't have a fated mate out there anywhere, Ethan reminded him. He disagreed with Isaac's choice, but he wasn't going to tell him that.

No, she doesn't. But that didn't stop Mila for almost rejecting you.

Different situation.

I know it was. But It still hurts. I was in love with her. Isaac glanced at his brother.

I know you were. I thought you were a bit crazy not to wait on your mate. He hadn't meant to say it, but there it was, out in the open between them. Sort of. But he also had a feeling Isaac knew it too.

I didn't really plan it, Ethan. It just happened. She started out as just a friend and then one night when we were studying together she kissed me. I ended up having sex with her at the library.

Ethan looked at him in surprise. You banged her in the library??

Isaac smirked at him.

"Hey, boys, we're going in this store," Riley said, turning to look at them both.

"Go on, we'll be close," Isaac told her. He stopped outside of the store while Ethan followed the girls inside. It was the way they were doing everything since Ethan was buying.

Ethan kept a close eye on them, his eyes mostly on Mila and how she was around her cousin. She looked beautiful today, her hair hanging down around her shoulders, and in the skirt and top Riley had insisted on dressing her in. It was the first time he'd seen her remotely dressed up, and while it was still casual, she looked good. Very good.

Riley was an expert shopper and moved through the clothes with a critical eye, picking out things she thought would look good on Mila. She finally turned to Ethan. "We're going to try these on."

He nodded and followed them back to the changing room, stopping nearby as they disappeared into a dressing room together.

He really hadn't seen much of what she'd bought, but he supposed it didn't matter. Hopefully Riley had good taste. Mila could show him later.

"Sir?"

He glanced up at a blond woman who was standing a few steps away from him, "Yeah?"

"Um I was wondering if you could help me with something? You're nice and tall." She gave him a flirty smile, and reached out and touched his arm. Instant turnoff.

"With what?" He wasn't interested in helping her with anything but he couldn't be rude either. He could see his mother's disapproving gaze in his mind. She'd always taught him to never be rude to anyone.

"It's over here. There's a box I'm struggling to get down in the back. I just need two minutes of your time," she said, her gaze moving over him.

"You don't have a ladder?" He asked her. The last thing he wanted to do was follow her into a back room.

"It's broken and this box is really heavy," she said, a sad expression on her face.

"Okay, but I'm waiting on someone, so let's do this quickly," he said.

She smiled brightly at him. "Two minutes," she promised.

He followed her into the backroom and she pointed at a box. Ethan sat down the bags he was carrying and reached up to grab it. It was heavy, and stuck on something. He frowned and glanced at her. "I think it's stuck."

"Oh dear," she said, looking him over again. "Please try."

He sighed and yanked on it, pulling for a moment as it suddenly came lose and about down on his head. He set it down on the floor with a grunt, right before he felt a sharp pain in his head and everything went dark.