Chapter 59

Mila woke the next morning with her head on Ethan's chest. She was so happy that he was there. She'd slept better than she had the entire week. She actually felt well rested. She listened to his heartbeat for a moment before she opened her eyes.

She almost laughed out loud would she realized he was reading a book. "This feels like déjà vu."

He laughed. "Yeah it kind of does."

"What are you reading?" she asked curiously.

"Some book you left on the nightstand." He reached up to flip a page.

Which meant it was another werewolf romance. "Have you developed a thing for those werewolf romance novels, Ethan?"

"Yeah, but I see what you mean about different authors and they're subtle differences," he said seriously.

"Like what?"

"These guys get super horny around the full moon and then they all have sex all night long." He flipped another page. Was he reading and carrying on a conversation with her?

"You wouldn't like that?"

He laughed. "I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. But it was a full moon last night so I probably would have woken you up for sex." He smirked. "Or we would have just had sex all night long."

All night long, huh? "I probably would have let you. Wait a minute. How did you get that book from the apartment?"

"I woke up around midnight and went over there to get clothes," he said.

"Alone?"

"No. Dominic went with me. He keeps weird hours. I think it's the cat in him," Ethan mused.

"Cat?" Mila asked him.

"Dominic is a panther shifter. He's not a werewolf," Ethan said.

"There are other shifters in your pack?" Well that was interesting.

"Just him. And as far as we know, he's the only other type of shifter out there. Anyway we went to Waffle House after that and got something to eat and then I came back and have been laying here reading," he said, gently rubbing her back.

"I'm kind of glad you didn't go alone," she said. She couldn't help but worry.

"Yeah," he muttered. He sat the book down and moved so that he was laying on his side, looking at her. "Mila, are you still okay with all of this? After what's happened, I could understand if you weren't."

"Yes Ethan. Being away from you made me realize how much I'm falling for you. I missed you terribly. I want to be with you. As a matter of fact, I am ready to go back to Pennsylvania with you whenever you want to leave. Even if it's today. I'm ready. I've missed this entire week of work. And Riley's parents are okay with it. She's been working, though," Mila said. She felt bad, but at the same time, her aunt and uncle had been completely understanding.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure. I'm ready to start the next chapter of my life with you too. And I'm ready to get out of this stupid cast." She smiled. She hated that cast.

"I'm ready to mate and mark you," Ethan said, his eyes glowing.

Her breath caught as she stared at him.

"Roll over, Mila," he said. "On your stomach."

She stared at him for a moment, then did as he asked, turning her back to him.

He pulled the blankets down below her waist and pulled up her night shirt. "No panties, Mila?"

"Um.."