Chapter 16

She's okay today and plans to be at work tomorrow. 10 am. She's taking a hot bath now.

Why did she have to include that last part, Ethan wondered. Now he was going to be visualizing Mila in a bathtub naked, when he was supposed to be having a meeting with the future leadership of Alamo Pack. He closed his eyes and swallowed at the mental images running through his mind, knowing she was out there naked at the moment. He was completely aroused now.

"Alpha?"

He opened his eyes to see Levi standing in front of him. Not the person he wanted to see. "Are you ready?"

"Yes. Are you?" Levi raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah. Let's go." Ethan stood and followed him into the Alpha's office.

Nick was inside already along with Ezra and Max. Ethan had only met Max once so far, but he'd liked the guy instantly. Levi had told him yesterday that he intended to make Max his Beta. Max had brought his mate with him and Ethan was surprised to find out that she was human.

"Alpha." She bowed her head to him.

"It's nice to meet you, Rebekah," Ethan greeted her with a smile.

They spent a good few hours talking, discussing the pack's future. Ethan listened to them carefully. He'd made a good decision, choosing to make Levi the Alpha. Of course he would keep a close eye on the pack for the next few years, but Levi seemed to have the pack's best interest at heart and so did Max and Ezra.

He saw Rebekah glance at her phone towards the end of the meeting, a small frown touching her lips before she showed it to Max. He looked at it, then back at her, but didn't say anything.

The meeting finally ended and everyone stood and began to leave the room. Max held back though, Rebekah with him. "Alpha?"

"Beta?"

Max smiled. "Not yet."

Ethan smiled back at him. "What's up?"

"I would like to leave for a few hours this afternoon," Max started.

"Are you asking permission?"

"I just want to make sure there's nothing I'm missing," Max said.

Ethan nodded. "As far as I know, I don't believe so, but you may want to talk to Levi."

"I will, Alpha. Rebekah's cousin is having some problems, and she's going to be staying with her sister for a while," Max said, glancing at his mate.

"Anything I need to be aware of?" Ethan asked.

"Not really. Her.." he stopped.

"Her ex beat the crap out of her the other night, landing her in the emergency room, and she's afraid to go back home. She needs to though, to get some of her things, and she doesn't want to go alone," Rebekah spoke up.

Ethan's heart stopped at their words. "Mila." Her name was out of his mouth before he could stop himself and he saw the look of surprise cross both of their faces.

"You know Mila?" Rebekah asked.

"Yeah, but not well," Ethan confirmed. "She's your cousin?"

Rebekah nodded.

"And Riley?"

She laughed. "She's my sister."

Ethan shook his head at her words. Riley had said she had family mated to werewolves. She hadn't said her own sister was mated to one. But then he hadn't asked either. He should have. "Does Mila know about all of this?"