Chapter 34

She saw his eyebrows go up at her last question and guessed that was probably a no. Would she want to become one? How weird would it be to suddenly have a wolf? And how dangerous would turning into one be? Her gaze traveled over Ethan. He'd been born a wolf. It was the only thing he knew.

"Um.." he frowned. "Yes, all of my siblings are werewolves. The werewolf gene is dominant. All of our pups would be werewolves, and the pregnancy is fairly normal as far as I know."

He was the youngest, so he wouldn't have been around when everyone was giving birth, she supposed. But his mother had given birth to five werewolves, including twins. She wondered if she could actually talk to his mom and ask questions.

"And no, my mother is no longer human and yes you can become a werewolf." His gaze met hers.

Mila stared at him in shock. That was the last option she realized. The one she wasn't supposed to tell anyone. "That's the closely guarded secret?"

He nodded. "Yeah. It's not something any werewolf can do. Only the Alpha King or Queen can do it."

Her thoughts drifted to Noelle. She would be Queen one day, and yet she'd taken the time to piece back together Mila's photos, something Mila wasn't even sure if she'd have the patience to do herself. Noelle hadn't even met her at that point. She just knew her as her little brother's mate. "Was Nick human?"

"No. Noelle and my brother Oliver are the only two in my family that haven't mated humans. Nick is half human. His father was my grandfather's Beta. Oliver mated my father's Beta's daughter. Nick's mom gave birth to two werewolves as a human."

"And I would be able to join your pack and be immortal as well?" After all of that, she'd hope so.

"Of course," he said softly, his gaze still on her. He was still tense too, but given what all he'd just told her, she could understand why. He'd basically laid himself bare in front of her.

She realized now why he hadn't told her a lot about himself. He'd been trying to not overwhelm her. And this was overwhelming. She realized there really was only two decisions even though he'd giving her multiple options. She either needed to become a werewolf herself, and be willing to spend many lifetimes with him or she needed to reject him. She could understand now why he was so tense. "How does one become a werewolf?'

"You would consume the blood of the Alpha of my pack and then you would change gradually over a few hours. You'd shift for the first time and see the world as a wolf. Then you would come back and sleep for a long time while your body adjusts to the changes. Like twelve to fourteen hours." He was very serious when he talked about it.

"Is there any danger?" She wanted to know if this might kill her. If so, she might as well reject him. Dying would be difficult for him too.

"No. I could name off several people off the top of my head who have been changed. My mother, my uncle, my grandfather, my grandmother, my other grandmother, my sister's mate, Emily. I'm sure there's more. I just can't think of them off the top of my head." He smiled then for a brief second.

She nodded. All of them had made the decision, to become a werewolf. Like it wasn't a difficult decision. "I need to think, Ethan."

He nodded, his shoulders dropping and she wanted to go over to him and offer him the comfort he was usually offering her. This was so hard.

She stood and left the room and walked into her own room and shut the door. She hadn't even taken a shower tonight but decided she'd take a bath instead. It would be easier. The sooner she got this cast off, the better.

She ran a tub full of water and slowly took her clothes off. Her bra was the biggest struggle and she almost called for him to help her. But it wouldn't be fair of her if she chose to reject him.