Chapter 60

Ethan took Mila's hand and led her down to the dining hall. Other werewolves passed them, and bowed their heads to Ethan, murmuring, "Alpha." He nodded back but kept moving, Mila's hand still clutched in his.

His pack was seated around a table, and those that hadn't seen him since he'd returned stood to greet him and hug him. He finally pulled out a chair for her, and then settled down next to her.

Plates of food were set down in front of them both, and they dug in. It was good, but it wasn't home. Ethan glanced up at his father. "When are you leaving?"

"Today," he said. Have you discussed this all with Mila?"

Yeah we talked about it this morning. "We're going with you. We just need to get our stuff and I need to take care of a few things with my apartment." Ethan glanced at Mila who gave him a smile.

"I just want to see Riley if I can," she said.

"Yeah, I want to see Isaac too," Ethan agreed. "We'll go see them both this morning."

"Okay."

"You ready?" Ethan asked her, seeing her empty plate.

"Yes."

They both stood and his gaze darted to his parents.

Whoever took you, they're still out there so watch your back. Your car is out in the lot to the west.

Ethan nodded to his father. He'd be happier when they were all out of Texas. He still had his keys from earlier, and took Mila outside to where his car was parked, opening her door for her before walking around to the other side and getting in.

"Are you taking the car back with you?" she asked.

"No. I'll just leave it with the pack. Someone can use it," he said.

She nodded quietly, staring out the window as they headed back off of pack lands. "I think I'll rest easier when we're out of Texas."

"I can agree with that," Ethan said.

"Your family has been amazing the last few days." She looked at him.

"I'm sorry you had to meet them like this, but I'm glad they were here for you," Ethan said, pulling into the garden center parking lot.

"They were great, especially your father."

Ethan got out and walked around to her door, opening it, and helping her out. "Are you ready to get that cast off?"

"More than ready," she groaned.

"Soon, Mila," he whispered near her ear, his words filled with promise.

She looked up at him and smiled. "Let's go."

He followed her inside the garden center and over to the counter. Hey Isaac.

Where are you?

At the front counter.

"Ethan!" Riley exclaimed. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." He looked up as his brother approached him and embraced him. "Good to see you."

"Dad told me everything," Isaac told him. Are you okay?"

I'm alright, but I'm beyond ready to go home.

Are you still feeling the need to mark her?

Yeah, it's still affecting me. I'm leaving today. We're flying out this afternoon. Hopefully Mila will be turned and I can mark her very soon.