Chapter 8

"Mila?"

Mila looked up from the pothos she was busy watering. She'd been lost in thought, admiring its lovely coloring. "Hi Riley, what's up?"

"You remember those hot guys that were here the other day to pick up that load of mulch?" Riley gave her a big smile.

How could she forget? She'd thought about him non-stop and it was bothering her because she fell almost stalker obsessed with him. Not to mention the dream of him last night. That dream still sent shivers through her. "Yeah, what about them?" Was he coming back? She hoped so. She wanted to just lay eyes on him again. Just one more time.

"They're coming back to pick up another load," Riley said happily.

"When?" Now she was really excited. Her day had just gotten so much better.

"This afternoon, they'll be here around three." Riley looked at her watch.

Mila sucked in a small breath. "Okay."

"I hope they take their shirts off again," Riley said. "Those men were fantastic eye candy."

That was an understatement. She was going to be obsessing about him until they showed up. Not that she hadn't been already. He'd been on her mind non-stop since he was here yesterday. She half hoped she could find out his name. Would it be weird if she asked him? Probably. Maybe she could just ask to be polite or something, or maybe it would be on the order or his credit card.

The morning passed much too slowly for her liking, and Mila found herself constantly checking the time. If she had the opportunity to speak to him today, she wasn't going to make a complete fool out of herself like she had yesterday. She would say more than one word to him.

She headed into the bathroom more than once to check her hair and to make sure that her makeup stayed in place. She'd brought a makeup bag with her today, and during lunch, she made sure to touch everything up.

When it was close to the appointed time, she headed into the bathroom one last time to check over her reflection. She knew she was being ridiculous. She probably wouldn't even get the chance to talk to him, wouldn't have a reason to. But still, she wanted to make sure that her bruises were covered. She didn't need anyone questioning her about them. Especially him. She definitely did not want to have that conversation with him.

She walked out of the bathroom and headed back over to the house plants, immersing herself in their care. She picked up a Philodendron Pink Princess and looked it over, admiring its coloring. It was on her list of plants she wanted. It was also pricy, and that's why she hadn't acquired one yet.

"Hi."

His perfect voice sort of startled her and she looked up to see him. The man she dreamed of last night. He was standing right in front of her looking at her, a beautiful smile on his handsome face. He was even better looking than she remembered. "Hi." Well that was better than her just gaping at him like an idiot.

"I um.. I'm here to pick up a mulch order. I still need to pay for it," he said with a lazy smile, melting her heart.

"Sure I can help you with that." At least she was talking in coherent sentences. Better than yesterday. But she still couldn't pull her eyes off of him. He was closer now than he had been before. He smelled amazing. She wondered what kind of cologne he wore. His eyes were light blue and he had just the right amount of stubble on his face. His lips were full and memories of him kissing her in her dreams surfaced. The way he touched her body. The way he'd been inside her, filling her while he'd about brought her to orgasm.. before her dream had unfortunately ended. That had been disappointing. And when she finally fallen back to sleep, he hadn't been there. But that dream had been so arousing even now.