𝓐𝓮𝓻𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓲

𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

Rhaenyra roamed the halls with her closest companion, the lady Alicent Hightower

Rhaenyra roamed the halls with her closest companion, the lady Alicent Hightower. "Do you think it'll be an another son" Alicent asked Rhaenyra who was smiling. "I pray for another son" she told Alicent. It was well known that the princess Rhaenyra loved her uncle but she always preferred her aunt Aera more. Aera was twenty and Rhaenyra only ten. At the time, she was living in the Red Keep seeing as she was Daemon's wife. Despite not liking her time at court, Aera enjoyed the company of only a few people. Queen Aemma, Rhaenyra, Rhaenys and her children. And of course, Daemon's and their children.

Aera was pregnant, this was her third child. She had two sons already, Maegor and Baelon. She was hoping for a girl. She had many Targaryen names to choose from. She would named their first daughter Alyssa, in honor of Daemon's mother, and her mother's sister. Aera knew Otto Hightower did not like her, he didn't' even saw her as a Targaryen. Otto, although being a second with no titles of his own saw himself above the Targaryen woman, stating and many occasion the distaste he had for her and her blood. Especially her father's blood. Yet, despite his disliked towards her, Alicent and her brother Gwayne loved her. The children had lost their mother just before Aera married Daemon and since Rhaneyra was always with Alicent they came to spend time with Aera who the two saw as maternal figure.

Rhaenyra had been very close to Alicent, that was how Aera met the young lady, by Rhaenyra introducing her. When she was a bit younger, Alicent was such a momma's girl. But, her mother passed, Alicent and Gwayne were left without a mother and without a mother figure to guide them and protect them. So. Daemon's soon to be wife welcomed them into her arms. Daemon then married Aera in the eyes of the new gods and their Valyrian Gods. Alicent tried to understand but Aera told her she was too young but one day she would understand what she meant.

Wherever Rhaenyra was. And wherever Aera was Alicent and Gwayne were not far behind, trailing behind her like lost puppies. Daemon didn't like that but respected it because Aera enjoyed their company and loved to have the two children around. When her own children came around, Alicent, Gwayne, Rhaenyra, Laenor and Laena were more than excited for the new additions. Maegor was only five years younger than Rhaenyra, yet the two always got along. Well, she got along with all her children. She loved them as if they were her own brothers.

Alicent, despite what her father told her or her brother was only rebellious when it came to Aera. She was the one who taught her how to be a proper lady. Daemon, after many pleas from Aera taught Gwayne the art of sword fighting while she was pregnant or just after the births but after she would train the young lord. But, happy was not going to last long, when Rhaenyra was only ten and six, her mother died during child birth, Aera was there. She saw how Viserys choose the babe over his own wife, and after begging him to wait and see he refused. Stating that she had no say in the matter. Aemma begged Aera to watch over Rhaenyra, to protect her against anyone who wished the young princess any harm. Aera nodded as she held her hand. She could hear Aemma's pleas to Viserys, to her. After that, she stayed, for Rhaenyra.

Aera knew about Alicent and Viserys before Alicent herself knew. She tried to prevent it, she did. But, Alicent wouldn't listen. She lost her mother figure the day she married Viserys. Aera had a plan, she was gonna send Alicent to the free cities to be free and do as she wished, even Gwayne. Ottos's first born had said yes in an instant, surprising Aera but after Alicent refused and of course told her father Otto, who quickly sent him back to Old Town. She wrote to Gwayne but he never replied, she loved him. He had been her first son, and despite the dislike she held for Otto she loved him and her sister as if they had been her own. But all the love went out the window the day Aemond Targaryen, her beloved grandson as she once called him murder her sweet boy, the prince Lucerys Velaryon.

Dragonstone was busy, the hallways were busy with people walking back and forth. Whispers were heard, princess Aera was going mad. She had killed Gwayne and she felt guilty yet at the same time she did not care. Alicent sure as hell did not when she took Rhaenyra's throne. Daemon had been trying to talk to her but she did not want to see anyone. Aera was eight months pregnant. He wanted to scream at her, to yell her but for being reckless. Maegor was speaking with Baela when when one of the maids rushed past him. He could hear the guards whispering about his mother early birth. Daemon, Rhaenyra and Rhaenys rushed to her aid. Daemon usually waited outside but this time, he wanted to be there. "This should not be happening" the maester said and Aera walked over him. "Well, it is fucking happening" she said through gritted teeth.

Aera spent a whole day in the birthing bed. She gave birth to triplets. One did not make it. She named her Viserra but the other two she named Visenya and Rhaenys. She had her sons, Maegor, Baelon, Aemon, Rhaegar, Aegon, Viserys, Aemma, Alyssa and Daera. The one they lost, they had called her Daella. When Daemon walked in, he said the midwives carrying two babes. Yet, Aera was on the floor, Rhaenyra and Rhaenys sat beside as she rocked her self back and forth very softly. 'My sweet Daella" she whispered. Daemon knew Saera, despite having a rocky relationship with her family, she named her children after important people in her family.

The funeral of Daella Targaryen took place in a private ceremony. Aera stayed for a while longer, Daemon, joined her soon, as did her sons and daughter, eve Rhaenyra. The two women choose to have funerals for their children, one burying a babe that didn't get to live and the other one to a young boy that barely got to live. Rhaenyra got her father's crown and everything became real, the war had just began.

Otto Hightower arrived just days after she did. He was coming as a messenger off the king. "Princess Rhaenyra" he began but Aera cut him off. "It's queen Rhaenyra" Aera stated, making Rhaenyra smiled. "This is a matter between the princess and her brother the king" Aera grabbed her sword and pointed it as his neck. "Give me one reason as to way I shouldn't take your head and send it to your drunken usurper?" she asked. "You would never do this to Alicent" he told her with a smile. "Alicent Hightower died the day she decided to take my daughter's throne" she told him. Maegor, her eldest came behind the small Hightower army and slit their throats, leaving Otto Hightower and the maester alive. But, Otto was not saved, she cut off his hand and on of his ears, sending it to Aegon and his mother as a gift and as a warning that the war had just begun.

NOT EDITED